Job description / Role
- To ensure that Accounts Receivable and/or Accounts Payable procedures are processed accurately and on time.
- To ensure that all client invoices are produced and despatched accurately and promptly.
- To ensure that appropriate credit control activities are undertaken to collect outstanding debts in a timely and well considered manner.
- To manage, develop and improve financial and operational procedures within the Practice.
- To prepare month-end reports on the 25th of every month and issue to the relevant personnel in the Practice.
- To prepare monthly and annual reconciliations with the applicable reports and issue to the relevant personnel in the Practice.
- To prepare the annual budget for the practice.
- To update on monthly basis the Profit & Loss report and calculations for each project.
- To manage the annual Audit with the Auditor and ensure that all the required information is available for the Audit visits.
- To review the results of the Audit and advise the Practice Partners on the outcome, as well as any applicable strategies that may need to be adopted as a result.
- To lead and develop, implement and maintain the Office systems related to finances in order to create a simple but robust Quality Management Procedures (QMS).
- To manage, monitor and maintain Xero and Workflowmax.
- Check bank account daily and notify relevant personnel in the Practice about details of payment.
- To follow up payments with clients and/or sub consultants and issue regular statement of accounts.
- To collect checks from clients.
- To notify relevant personnel in the Practice of any overdue payments.
- To obtain regular project updates from the architects and enquire the project status for possible invoice issuance.
- To obtain quotations from different suppliers upon request of Practice staff and prepare a comparison sheet with all required details.
- To follow corporate identity of the Practice in all documentations, reports, emails, etc.
- To develop and maintain a cordial working relationship with external entities which include the following:
• Financial institutions who the company deals with.
• Clients and Client bodies.
• Other Consultants that the Practice employs as sub-consultants or work for as Clients.
• Suppliers and Vendors providing services to the Practice.
All tasks are to be carried out in accordance with the Practice operational standards and QMS.
• An accounting degree qualified individual who is responsible for managing and operating the Financial operations of the Practice.
• This individual will have extensive experience in Excel, Word and general Accounting Software, and be fully conversant with all normal accounting procedures and protocols.
• The individual will also be required to learn and operate the following software which the Practice uses for accounting, human resources, and office management processes.
• This individual will be accurate and systematic and concise in the completion of all Practice related tasks.
• The individual will be required to be able to work under pressure in an accurate and timely manner.
• This individual will be required to put forward new systems and protocols to improve efficiency and will be able to implement, upgrade and develop these systems in an ordered and considered manner.
About the Company
Dawson Architects specialises in the design and implementation of bespoke projects for select individual and corporate clients. The principals, Michael and Clair Dawson, have been practicing as Architects in Dubai for 14 years, and bring with them a wealth of local and international experience.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Accountant - Receivable and Payable Accounts Experience
De Rigo Vision Middle East FZCO
Irwin & Dow
A Leading Pharmaceuticals Company In The UAE
National Power Construction Corporation Limited