Job description / Role
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) is a growing, multinational company, dedicated to making electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. We support customers around the world in this critical industry and are looking for an innovative and detailed individual to join our as Accountant supporting our operations business operations in Kazakhstan and/or other entities.
If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your experience and educational background in accounting to provide proactive and detailed financial support, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform or audit journal entries, account analyses, and reconciliations, and assist in performing month end close tasks and/or in the preparation of tax returns.
• Prepare analysis of financial results for management review and/or for audit workpapers.
• Prepare and/or assist with preparation of budgets, projections, product cost analyses, and other analyses, including recommendations to management, and/or assist in documentation of internal controls.
• Assist with research and planning according to generally accepted accounting principles and/or current tax laws.
• Assist with and/or lead special projects.
• Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
• Understand. Create. Simplify.
• Other duties as assigned.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
• B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance
• Motivated, self-directed
• Experience with 1C and Excel as an advanced user
• 5 or more years of professional accountant experience
• Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
• Multilingual in Kazakh, Russian, and English
• Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Background check results satisfactory to SEL
• C.P.A., C.M.A., or Master’s Degree
• Project accounting experience
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Tax systems
• Tax, audit, project, and/or cost accounting experience
About the Company
SEL makes electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. To accomplish this mission, we design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. Our solutions range from comprehensive generator and transmission protection to distribution automation and control systems. The SEL Government Services Division is dedicated to the security, safety, and reliability of electric power at facilities ranging from military base power systems to ships, while Engineering Services provides engineering capabilities and system solutions to national and international customers. SEL University provides training and programs that help our customers meet the technical challenges and complexities of integrating digitally based technologies into the expanding power system infrastructure.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accountant - AR & AP
Abdullah A. AlMoosa Enterprises
Dubai Parks and Resorts
TGC Consulting Middle East