Job description / Role
We are Alpha Projects & Logistics DMCC
We are seeking a new team member for our accounts/back office department at our office in JLT.
We have centralized our Accounting / Back Office activities to our office in Dubai. We have own offices in Denmark (HQ), Dubai, Italy, Netherlands and Botswana.
• Daily Back-office activities and administration assignments
• Providing general support to Sales and Operations
• Manage the posting of sales invoices, purchases invoices, payments, collections, monthly amortizations, and other standard bookkeeping tasks
• Validation of Freight Purchase invoices from suppliers and assistance on payments to suppliers
• Collection from debtors in various countries and managing receivables
• Support the preparation and submission of quarterly VAT
• Collecting financial data from Shipping system, which is then used to prepare Sales report
• Assistance on month-end and year-end close processes, maintenance of general ledger, preparation of annual audit requirements and other accounting duties as assigned
• Provide oversight to Admin in line with petty cash management, running costs monitoring, coordinating to various authorities, bank, and other ad hoc assignments
• Support and drive improvements in the accounting and back-office processes and reporting
• Minimum 5 years of experience in accounts (debtor / creditor / bank / closing of books)
• In-depth understanding of bookkeeping procedures and accounting regulations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Word and knowledge of accounting software (preferably economic)
• Have excellent communication skills in English
• Ability to leverage tools to simplify, improve and innovate accounting and back-office processes and systems.
• Can handle accounting issues independently and assess possible solutions to challenges
• Ready to take complete ownership of the processes assigned
• Have a "never give up" attitude, commitment and full of energy
• Take initiative, are diligent and accurate
• Dedicated, flexible, responsible and must be able to work in team as well as independently
About the Company
We are specialized in Project Freight Forwarding and Special Transportation of plant equipment, building and construction materials to and from worldwide destinations. We arrange shipments by sea, air, rail, road.
We tailor make transport solutions to meet the specific requirements of our clients and partners around the world.
Majority of our business is overseas clients engaged in Oil and Gas, Power Plant, and related projects.
We work in open office environment in JLT. We offer a position in a challenging, international environment with not 2 days alike. The working language in our multinational team is English and we work by the core values "Where there is a will there is a way", "Expect the unexpected" and "Never Surrender".
We have centralized our Accounting / Back Office activities to our office in Dubai. Moreover, we have own offices in Denmark (HQ), Italy, Netherlands, and Botswana.
Accountant (Chartered Accountant)
Middle East Executive
Accountant / Account Administrator
Kalpataru Overseas General Trading LLC