Job description / Role
Headquartered in Dubai, GeoServe, part of Scorpio Group, has over 10 years’ experience in bunker management and commercial vessel operations. The team has a proven track record of creating bottom-line efficiencies by delivering commercial solutions for a large fleet of bulk carriers and tankers across the globe. Our expertise, operational excellence and global supply relationships put us in a unique position to transform the way your business approaches bunker procurement and all areas of voyage management.
We are looking for an Accountant who will be responsible for financial audits, reconciling bank statements, and ensuring financial records are accurate throughout the year.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
• Day to day activities: handling payments (online banking system), booking invoices, bank reconciliation, customer and vendor statements reconciliation
• Weekly/Monthly activities: Checking revenue automatic flows and expenses bookings, reconciling re-invoicing expenses/income, petty cash reconciliation, checking and following up on employees travel expenses
• Quarterly activities: Liaise with Monegasque accountants for Tax, VAT, fixed asset register and depreciation and, with Monegasque auditors and accountants for year end and interim audit, closing activities, analytical reviews, intercompany balances reconciliation.
• Collecting and providing supporting documents for year-end audits.
Bachelor’s Degree-Accounting/Economic Background
5-7 years in a similar role
• Organization skills and ability to manage the closing process autonomously
• Time management – prioritization skills to meet deadlines
• Fluent in English (spoken and written – French is a plus)
• Office package (Excel, Word and Power point)
• IT literate (quick learner of various systems and connections between them)
• Team spirit
• Ability to provide regular reporting/feedback to manager
• knowledge of AX (Microsoft Dynamics) is a plus
About the Company
Headquartered in Monaco, Scorpio has been investing in and operating shipping assets since 1926. Scorpio is a leading service provider engaged in the seaborne transportation of commodities and focuses on the offshore wind and marine-based renewable energy industry and has invested in the next generation of wind turbine installation vessels. The Group has experience investing in crude oil and product tankers, gas, dry bulk, containers as well as offshore oil and wind.
With fourteen different offices located all around the world, and a shore workforce of nearly 1,000 employees, Scorpio is a fast-growing, fast-paced and stimulating work environment.
Scorpio’s core values are Integrity, Collaboration, Stewardship and Moxie.