Job description / Role
AAF International is a global leader in the design and manufacture of Air Filtration Systems, Acoustic Systems and associated products and services. We are part of a global powerhouse that uses Filtration to transform the world.
We invest in our people, and our people invest in our customers and communities. This mutual commitment is a foundation for our growth. So is an inclusive culture that encourages everyone to come to work as their whole selves and come together as a team that welcomes unique ideas, perspectives and backgrounds.
We’re not just innovating on the outside. We’re innovating on the inside to unlock people’s unlimited potential and bring out the diverse and groundbreaking ideas that will help us solve today’s most pressing challenges.
We offer more than a paycheck. AAF is where you’ll be heard, be valued, belong — and be able to make your mark.
Our Company Values:
We endeavour to create a work environment that reflects the culture of the company, and we encourage every member of our staff to embrace our commitment to be:
- Quality Driven
- Goal Orientated
- Customer Focused
- Open & Integrated
- Continuously Improving
We are currently recruiting for an Accountant to join our existing team within our Power & Industrial (P&I) Division based in Dubai, UAE. The successful candidate will assist the Chief Accountant and Senior Accountant in the day-to-day Accounting and Finance AAF International UAE’s 3 entities (Dubai LLC, Dubai FZE and Abu Dhabi LLC) and 2 Divisions P&I and C&I (Power & Industrial and Commercial & Industrial)
- Booking all vouchers (sales, purchase, payments, receipts) by UAE 3 entities and by 2 Divisions
- Completing the reconciliation of subledger, bank, Supplier, intercompany & customer accounts
- Working on day-to-day accounting in iScala ERP
- Following-up on receipt and reviewing receivables, collections and maintaining the aging reports
- Communicate with Project Manager(s) regarding contract documents, change orders and other related modifications and keep current the costing and billing
- Complete the billing for all projects and maintain the relevant documents
- Checking receipts in bank accounts and update the customer receivables records
- Receiving the employee expense claims and record the entries after ensuring all approvals and supporting documents have been provided
- Accounting for inventory transactions and maintaining the stock ledger
Duties will vary due to the nature of the environment (above is a guide and not a comprehensive list of responsibilities)
Education, Qualifications and Affiliations
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting (preferred Chartered Accountant)
- Demonstrable experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Have minimum 5 years Accounting experience
- Knowledge of basic Accounting processes with the ability to apply it accurately in practice
- Communicating independently with peers both inside and outside the finance function
- Able to perform all Accounting functions mentioned above with the ability to do ad-hoc tasks requested by AAF Middle East Management team
- Very good computer skills (Preferred knowledge of iScala ERP)
- Pleasant Personality, able to work under pressure to achieve deadlines & accurate
- Works well as a team player or alone.
- Flexible approach to working, willingness to accept changing priorities.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- High level English communication skills including face to face, telephone and written.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work in an organised manner.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies and methodologies.
- Continuous improvement mentality and receptive to change.
About the Company
AAF International traces its roots to Bill Reed, a skilled engineer and clever entrepreneur who recognized in 1921 that cleaning the air was critical to the growth of society, the development of technology, and the protection of human health. He developed the Reed Air Filter which represented the initial step in building an international company that globally dominates the air filtration industry - AAF International.
Today, selling under the AAF and AmericanAirFilter brand names, AAF clean air products and systems offer the most comprehensive clean air solutions available in the world. Our products are the industry benchmarks for quality and performance, from simple roughing filters, to air pollution control, to gas containment removal, to the highest efficiency filters used in the most stringent clean environments.