Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Purpose: To supervise and control the general ledger transactions, bank reconciliations and cash flow and ensure that all transactions are appropriately classified and all accounts are prepared in the correct manner in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (‘IFRS’) and applicable accounting policies.
Maintain the Accounting Books
- Maintain financial records in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Post all transactions and ensure that they are authorized, documented and classified
- Archive all documents such as receipts and collection details
- Update the system as per internal and external audit requirements; Assist auditors with information required
Execute Departmental Activities
- Meet accounts commitments in an accurate and timely manner
- Coordinate in periodic reconciliation of vendor records in order to ensure accurate records;
- Assist in year-end book closing from a payables perspective
Provide Financial Data for Reports
- Assist in reporting year-end book closing from a payables perspective
- Prepare any accounting reports as required in an accurate and timely manner; ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of cash outflow and management
- Provide statistical analysis of financial data as needed from a variety of sources; as and when required
Ensure Accounting Policy Compliance
- Ensure approved accounting practices and policies to ensure that financial statements and reports accurately reflect the status of the relevant accounts
- Follow most updated and relevant accounting practices/policies and timely adoption of changes in any International Financial Reporting Standards (‘IFRS’)
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience in the accounting field
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Commerce/Business Administration
- Certifications such as CMA,CPA,ACCA, CA, is preferred.
About the Company
SANAD AD is an Abu Dhabi based enterprise formed by key individuals in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. The objective of SANAD which is the Arabic word for Support, is to incubate and implement projects that aim to drive and enhance national prosperity. SANAD focuses on profitable projects and businesses that seek to increase levels of entrepreneurship & innovation and build capacity in areas in the society and economy that require further investment such as Healthcare, Hospitality, Real Estate.