Job description / Role
• Processing supplier’s invoices and payments both based on contracts or on ad hoc basis.
• Respond to all vendor inquiries.
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to booking/payment.
• Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports.
• Assist in month end/ year end closing.
• Assist with other projects as needed.
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
• Communicating with both Internal & External customers via phone, email, mail or personally.
Education and Experience
• Accounting degree
• 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
• Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
• Knowledge of office administration and procedures
• Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
• Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, etc.
• Previous experience to Oracle Fusion
• Must have strong work ethics.
• Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be well organized and a self-starter.
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills, accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
• Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
• Ability to work independently and with a team with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Addmind Hospitality Group
Dubai based Oil Shipping and Trading Company
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
A Leading Group In UAE
The Leading Pharmaceutical And Consumer Entity In The UAE