Job description / Role
We are recruiting for a UAE National - Accountant that will be reporting into the Accounts Manager. They are seeking candidates who have two plus years of Accounting experience and are also open to more senior profiles.
A top tier local Government entity based in Abu Dhabi.
* Implement the policies and procedures to achieve compliance with internal controls and to provide high quality, cost-effective services.
* Responsible for the study and analysis of work requirements, coordinating with the concerned units to ensure the completion of accounting operations, the organisation of accounting entries and settlements, and the completion of the preparation of general ledger records accurately and on time.
* Audit the exchange documents and the financial movements.
* Contribute to the monitoring of all accounts to ensure that the payments are executed accurately, and all unpaid items are accurately and efficiently classified in the auxiliary records and general ledger records.
* Maintain the accounting documents necessary to implement the approved accounting system.
* Contribute to the preparation of the final account after the end of each fiscal year and submit it to the direct manager.
* Provide support in the preparation and issuance of periodic reports and annual financial statements.
* Contribute to the coordination with internal and external auditors and financial controllers to prepare audit requirements from documents and reports, and to enable audits to be conducted efficiently and effectively.
* Monitor and follow up on the daily use of the financial system and ensure the security of information and financial data is maintained.
* Offering a competitive monthly salary + bonus
* Great Opportunity for personal development
* Bachelor's degree or higher in the field of Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or similar
* At least 2 years of experience in financial reporting and analysis
* Fluency in Arabic and English is essential (written and spoken)
* Family book is required
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.