Job description / Role
Our client, a leading European Multi national company based in Abu Dhabi is looking for an Accounting Assistant with fluent spoken and written Arabic and outgoing personality required for an MNC based in Abu Dhabi.
• Ensure that all invoices and credit notes bear the correct cost allocation.
• Obtains authorisation of all other invoices which do not follow automatic matching process.
• Responsible for entry of source data into general ledger.
• Prepares customer billings and related documentation, and enters sales data onto computerised Sales Ledger (including preparation of Documents (Customer facing, tax etc.) in Arabic)
• Contact for Customers and Suppliers request for information
• Initiate payment approval request.
• Handles weekly and monthly expenses. Ensuring that they are approved, costed and entered onto general ledger.
• Process Improvement Initiatives in the area of work Processing expense reports and initiate payments
• VAT declarations
• Intercompany billings in the ERP system
• Revenue calculations for projects
• The ideal candidate will have a recognized accounting qualification and consistent experience within MNCs based in the Middle East and will be fluent in written and spoken Arabic. Excellent English and an outgoing personality is required as this is a customer facing role. 3 to 8 years’ experience in accounts payable and general accountancy.
• Oracle experience a must.
• Responsibilities include administering the Accounts Payable section, ensuring all vendor invoices are approved, costed and disbursed on a timely basis according to internal control policies in place (incl. coordination with Purchasing to have accurate PO’s in the system to match the invoice)
• Interested candidates can share update resume in MS-Word format with the following details;
• Accountant Experience(in years):
• UAE work experience(in years):
• Qualification or relevant certification:
• Current Location:
• Current Salary:
• Expected Salary:
• Joining period:
• Willingness to work in Abudhabi(yes/no):
• Can speak & write Arabic (yes/no):
• Why are you currently looking for a job change?
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 40 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.