Job description / Role
We at Hyatt Centric are at the center of some of the most unique destinations in the middle of the action, in the know and always on-hand to serve up insider knowledge, intriguing tidbits and great conversation over a well-crafted cocktail. We're a local home base, preparing our guests to explore the best our cities have to offer so they can go forth and discover!
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for accounting administrative duties and supports the hotel Management Accountant. This position supports the smooth and efficient running of the Accounting Department, and will also assist other departments with various administrative tasks.
- College degree in Accounting or Business preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Three to Five years of related experience in accounting (hospitality concentration not required).
- Fluency in job related English, both verbal and non-verbal.
- Compute basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers) including ability to review and understand allocations.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Interest in the fast paced hospitality industry.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.