Job description / Role
REPORTS TO: Group Head of Finance
• The Manager Accounting and Reporting is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and for developing, maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial statements.
• Internally: Finance oversight at Schools, Finance Team Members, Principals, Admission and Facility Management Team
• Externally: Banks, Parents, and Facility hirer, Vendors, External Auditors and ADNOC Head Office
• Reviews and approves accounts payable vouchers, payment vouchers, manual journal entries and payroll-related transactions.
• Coordinate month-end closing tasks, review reports and schedules which are basis for accounting entries prior to posting.
• Reviews the monthly financial reports in accordance with Group Reporting Standards.
• Reviews various reports and GL schedules to monitor accuracy and completeness of the financial information generated from the transactions.
• Assists in budgeting and forecasting activities.
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Collaborates with other departments to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
• Responds to inquiries from the Director Finance regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
• Works with reports to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
• Development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
• Coordinates with the external auditors in the conduct of the yearly audit engagement.
• Handles personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
• Accurately and timely reviews and approves accounts payable vouchers, payment vouchers, manual journal entries and payroll-related transactions.
• Achieves timely completion of month-end closing tasks.
• Financial reports are in accordance with Group Reporting Standards and submitted within the agreed deadlines.
• Accomplishes accuracy and completeness of the financial information generated from the transactions by reviewing reports and GL schedules.
• Actively supports Director Finance in budgeting and forecasting activities.
• Proficient in understanding the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Successfully achieves the overall department goals and objectives.
• Efficient and effective utilization of organization’s resources and attaining maximum productivity while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
• Non-routine reporting transactions are submitted in timely manner.
• Proficient to respond inquiries of the Director Finance regarding the financial results and special reporting requests.
• Succeeds in a timely year end audit.
• Value addition in the development and implementation of new procedures and features and enhanced the workflow of the department.
• Personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc. are reduced
• Comply with company grooming standards.
• Comply with time and attendance policies.
• Actively participates in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development.
Service towards colleagues:
• Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with company’s standards and expectations.
• Be able to promote the company’s values and services.
• Maintain a high level of product and knowledge about the company
• Operational Knowledge:
• Gain understanding of the departmental goals and financial targets and support your line manager to achieve these targets.
• Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures where appropriate.
• Comply with the company’s corporate code of conduct at all times.
• Familiarize yourself with the company vision, values and model desired behaviors.
• Perform tasks as directed by the Director of Finance in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Professional Certification CA/CPA/ACCA Qualified.
• Ten or more years of experience in similar role.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office and Oracle / ERP.
• Proficient in English. Knowledge of Arabic may be considered.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
• Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• This position is required to work 40 hours per week, predominately Sunday to Thursday.
• Travel to conferences or relevant industry meetings may be required.
• Some work outside normal hours may be required.
About the Company
Aldar Academies, a division of Aldar Properties PJSC, is a leading provider of private education in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. We provide inspiring learning environments, combining the very best academic, arts and sporting facilities with the highest standards of teaching. From a single school with 250 students in 2007, Aldar Academies now operates six schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain with over 4700 students. With over 700 employees we have planned projects to grow our current schools and build new ones to increase our student capacity to over 14,000 in the next 4-5 years. All our schools are rated Band A by the Abu Dhabi Education Council.
All Aldar Academies schools offer a British curriculum, which has been adapted to the needs of students in the UAE, ensuring that all our students have access to an international education in a stimulating, multi-cultural setting where academic achievement is nurtured alongside personal development. Operating as integral parts of the communities to which they belong, each of our six primary and secondary schools allows students to find and pursue their passions and prepare them for a future of success.
Aldar Academies schools are, at pre-school and primary level, The Pearl, Al Mushrif and Al Muna; serving both pre-school, primary and secondary age students are Al Ain International School and Al Yasmina, which operates from FS1 to Year 13. Al Bateen Secondary School serves the needs of secondary school students in the heart of Abu Dhabi and offers the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12 and 13.
Regional Finance Controller
Deputy Finance Manager
Ziad Galadari Group
|Abu Dhabi||6 Mar|
Senior Finance Accountant - Construction Company
|Abu Dhabi||24 Mar|