Job description / Role
The Accounting Manager oversees the accounting function and manages all statutory and financial reporting. Key to the role is the upkeep of financial statements, company accounting consolidation, the trial balance, and all accounting related processes.
**SALARY: AED 25K MAX - SINGLE STATUS (FLIGHT AND HEALTH INSURANCE FOR SELF ONLY)**
Building for Scale & Efficiency
• Ensures that business processes are continuously assessed and evaluated for i) Scalability ii) Efficiency. Proposes and implements course corrections as needed
• Champions and works with others to eliminate clutter and simplify business processes to aid in scalability
• Owns the ERP system implementation and execution
• Owns and Maintain relationships with third parties including auditors, tax authorities, consultants and other regulatory authorities
• Responsible for and owns the audit process with auditors for both group and statutory audits.
• Owns, Prepares, and validates the Month-End closing process including validating accruals, journal entries and all working schedules prepared by the junior accountants on A/P, A/R, vendor reconciliations.
• Commits to finalizing month end closing on the second working day of the month, challenges team and other departments to ensure that this deadline is met.
• Seeks to continuously improve the way the company performs its month end closing function.
• Oversee the global accounting and IFRS application of all entities
• Consolidate and prepare elimination accounts for multiple entities within the group
• Actively supports other department managers with accounting related matters.
• Performs daily, monthly, and other periodic accounting journal entry bookings in an accurate and timely nature.
• Responsible for VAT and other applicable tax reconciliations, filing and documentation.
• Ensures that chart of accounts is in line with accounting standards, group standards and legal requirements
• Prepares financial statements according to IFRS
• Manage multiple currencies and prepare consolidations based on multiple currency bases such as fixed f/x rates
• Owns Accrual ledgers, provisions, cash reconciliations, A/P reconciliations and vendor reconciliations
• Responsible for maintaining all accounting records according to statutory regulations
• Responsible for all bank reconciliations at the end of the month
• Work closely with global outsourced accountants to unify the chart of accounts and mirror local books to the group’s standard IFRS application.
• Identifies and recommends necessary changes in accounting system to meet growing business needs,
AED 22,000 to 25,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• 7-12 total years’ experience and with least 5 years’ experience leading a large accounting team and function
• Certified ACCA / ACA / CA / CPA
• Multiple country and currency management is mandatory
• Proficient in consolidation accounting and IFRS
• Previous experience in Big 4 and reaching the role of at least assistant audit manager
• Previous experience in MNC or large local conglomerate with exposure to startups
• Strong leadership and strong inter-personal skills
• Strong record of accounting process improvements
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of Finance
RTC-1 Employment Services
Finance Manager - Retail
Senior Management Accountant