Job description / Role
Reporting to the Chief Accountant, you’ll be part of a small team and hence this is a hands-on role.
Primarily responsible for error free processing, data collection and analysis and supporting the logistics and procurement function within the Finance Team.
Key Finance & Accounting Processes
• Adhere to the Month-end close, supporting an on-time and error free process.
• Support the delivery of P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statement by pre-determined deadlines.
• Preparation of all documents related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, accruals, cost accounting, inventory, fixed assets, revenue ensuring they have been accurately recorded and processed into company system.
• Keeping all documents and reconciliations up to date for monthly and quarterly reports and annual audit
• Preparation of customer invoices/billing.
• Assisting in the timely collection of receivables and on-time payment of supplier invoices.
• Preparation of cheques, payments and bank deposits.
• Review of requisition and LPOs in line with company best practices and processes.
• Cash/Bank reconciliation.
• Timely preparation of the VAT declaration.
• Supporting all ERP System data needs from all business areas ensuring that we have a data rich and accurate database
• Assisting the data entry of the procurement, logistics and supply functions.
AED 7,000 to 9,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Experience and Requirements
• Working towards an internationally recognised qualification (CPA, ACCA etc)
• Experience of working in the retail industry is ideal
• 5 years of proven experience in a large or mid-sized accounting function
• Sound knowledge of accounting standards.
• Experience in maintaining a general ledger.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Strong Excel and database skills.
• Exposure to an ERP System (SAGE, SAP, Oracle, Microsoft etc)
• Strong skills in assembling, preparing and verifying data for system use
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is headquartered in Dubai and recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Insurance, Legal, Sales & Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics & Supply Chain.