Job description / Role
The company is looking for candidates available for a one month temporary Accounts Assistant position under Father/Husband Visa, where the candidate shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Processing vendor invoices in Sage for 4 legal entities in a timely manner.
• Follow up with stores/onboard vessels to close out good receipts.
• Distributing vendor invoices to cost center owners for payment approval and chase status where required.
• Reviewing invoices and ensure they meet regulatory and audit requirements.
• Preparing the monthly VAT purchase report.
• Preparing month end schedules in order to accurately account for accruals.
• Ensure supplier invoices are booked correctly in the accounting system.
• Ensure invoices are matched against the appropriate Purchase Order (PO) and further investigation if required.
• Arrange distribution of invoices to respective cost center owners for payment approval.
• Follows up with suppliers regarding late/missing invoices.
• Ensures all invoices for recharge are accurately recorded and submitted to the Accounts Receivable Accountant for billing.
• Assisting Financial Accountant during half year/year end audits.
• Preparing and submitting the VAT purchase report to calculate monthly VAT payable amount.
• Any other ad hoc duties as required by the Finance Department.
• Driving change within the department with a focus on cost saving initiatives.
• Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills.
• Has the ability to interpret purchase orders and gather key information from the document.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential. Knowledge in Sage is desirable, however knowledge of working with another ERP system is advantageous.
• Must be analytical, diligent, possess good time management skills and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
About the Company
Gulf Marine Services PLC (GMS), a company listed on the London Stock Exchange, was founded in Abu Dhabi in 1977 and has become the world’s leading provider of advanced self-propelled self-elevating support vessels (SESVs), which are also known as self-propelled jackup barges.
The company’s extensive new build programme in recent years has made the GMS fleet one of the highest quality and most sophisticated in the industry. GMS offices are located in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom.
GMS SESVs provide a stable platform for the delivery of a wide range of services performed by the company’s clients throughout the lifecycle of offshore oil, gas and renewable (wind-farm related) energy projects.
The vessels, operated by GMS, provide flexible accommodation and hotel services for the clients’ personnel, and can support a wide range of operations (listed below). GMS also prides itself on being at the forefront of technological innovation and uses its in-house expertise to provide clients with bespoke offshore support solutions that can increase operational efficiency. The vessels are capable of operations in water depths of up to 80m that are typically found in the Middle East, South East Asia, West Africa and Europe.