Job description / Role
The Accounts Payable Assistant(Temp) shall be responsible, but not limited to, the following:
• Allocates the available cash budget advised by treasury based on priority list according to vendor invoices and with consideration to urgency and frequency of payment follow-ups by the supplier and internal stakeholders (Procurement and Operations).
• Collates the invoices and prepares the necessary cheque and bank transfer for supplier’s payments.
• Attends/Answers phone calls and queries about payment follow ups and payment details.
• Keeps and files the supplier’s payments documents.
• Keeps the record of utility payments
• Ensures payment of petty cash claims.
• Must have analytical experience, be accurate with figures, well organized and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
• Limited knowledge of marine organizational policies and procedures; detailed knowledge of a narrow area of security control and safety procedures.
• Must have good numerical skills.
• Exposure to marine standards is desirable.
• Software expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential.
• Knowledge in other MS Office package is an advantage.
• Ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.
• With good command of the English language (written/ spoken).
• At least a High School Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• With minimum 3 years of general experience preferably within finance environment.
About the Company
Gulf Marine Services PLC (GMS), a company listed on the London Stock Exchange, was founded in Abu Dhabi in 1977 and has become the world’s leading provider of advanced self-propelled self-elevating support vessels (SESVs), which are also known as self-propelled jackup barges.
The company’s extensive new build programme in recent years has made the GMS fleet one of the highest quality and most sophisticated in the industry. GMS offices are located in the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom.
GMS SESVs provide a stable platform for the delivery of a wide range of services performed by the company’s clients throughout the lifecycle of offshore oil, gas and renewable (wind-farm related) energy projects.
The vessels, operated by GMS, provide flexible accommodation and hotel services for the clients’ personnel, and can support a wide range of operations (listed below). GMS also prides itself on being at the forefront of technological innovation and uses its in-house expertise to provide clients with bespoke offshore support solutions that can increase operational efficiency. The vessels are capable of operations in water depths of up to 80m that are typically found in the Middle East, South East Asia, West Africa and Europe.
Accounting Officer / Accountant
Accounts Assistant - Temporary
A Leading Offshore Contractor in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||1 Sep|
|Abu Dhabi||7 Sep|
The Botanic Atrium
|Abu Dhabi||24 Aug|