Job description / Role
The Accounts Payable Assistant shall be responsible, but not limited to, the following:
• Allocates the available cash budget advised by treasury based on priority list according to vendor invoices and with consideration to urgency and frequency of payment follow-ups by the supplier and internal stakeholders (Procurement and Operations).
• Collates the invoices and prepares the necessary cheque and bank transfer for supplier’s payments.
• Attends/Answers phone calls and queries about payment follow ups and payment details.
• Keeps and files the supplier’s payments documents.
• Keeps the record of utility payments
• Ensures payment of petty cash claims.
• Must have analytical experience, be accurate with figures, well organized and exercise sound judgment in decision making.
• Limited knowledge of marine organizational policies and procedures; detailed knowledge of a narrow area of security control and safety procedures.
• Must have good numerical skills.
• Exposure to marine standards is desirable.
• Software expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word is essential.
• Knowledge in other MS Office package is an advantage.
• Ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.
• With good command of the English language (written/ spoken)
• At least a High School Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• With minimum 3 years of general experience preferably within finance environment.
About the Company
A leading offshore contractor in the UAE.
Accounts Assistant - Temporary
Gulf Marine Services (GMS)
|Abu Dhabi||1 Sep|
Accounting Officer / Accountant
|Abu Dhabi||7 Sep|
The Botanic Atrium
|Abu Dhabi||24 Aug|