Job description / Role
• Management of the day to day operations of the accounting departments.
• Enforces proper accounting methods, policies and principles.
• Maintains and updates the standard operating procedures, ensuring the updated documentation on policies, process and procedures is shared with the appropriate team members.
• Assesses any training needs of the accounting teams and is active in providing on-the-job training or arranging more formalized training, if required.
• Reviews daily performance of the accounting teams.
• Ensures the fixed asset register is maintained and reconciled.
• Responsible for the processing of month and year end accounting entries.
• Responsible for reviewing key control reconciliations conducted by the team.
• Monitor and analyze the timeliness and accuracy of accounting transaction, as the support for financial reporting.
• Oversees the preparation and posting of monthly and annual journal entities.
• Provides regular financial reports, based on the needs of management.
• Assigns responsibilities and tasks the accounting teams and monitors their performance.
• Involved in the objective setting and performance reviews of the accounting team.
• Coordinates with the auditors to identify areas for improvement and active in the implementation of positive changes.
• Team management
• Professional certification such as CFA, CIMA or ACCA, CA etc. is required.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance and accounting is an added advantage.
• Minimum experience of 8 years in managerial or supervisory roles.
• Sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), VAT Laws, Company Act.
• ERP Knowledge: Proficient user of any ERP system (Preferable SAP B1).
• Proficient User of Microsoft Office – MS-Word, Advanced MS-Excel, PowerPoint [Access, Power BI, Dashboards, Macros, VBA will be a plus].
• Strong communication skills with good command of English (both writing and speaking) in all levels of the organization.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Motives and challenges team members.
• Experience of accounting process redesign and improvements.
• Self-motivated, flexible and possess positive attitude with high degree of integrity & transparency.
• Great attention to detail and sets high standards of accuracy and efficiency for the team.
• Multi-tasking and work independently in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
About the Company
A leading packaging services company in the UAE.