Job description / Role
• Ensure that all invoices, Debit notes, Credit Notes, related to purchases and services are recorded, accounted and systematically documented, and all payments are settled, according to Hotel Policies & Procedures.
• Check receiving report received for the day and;
• Cross check of invoices against Purchase Orders
• Check authorized signatories in the invoices
• Check total amount of receiving report against the total amount of invoices received
• Posting Invoices
• Post each invoice to its respective supplier accounts
• Post as per batch, e.g. food items to Food Inventory Account etc.
• Take printout after every posting for future reference
• Update Purchase Ledger
• Prepare cheques for payment
• Receive outstanding account statement, from suppliers and reconcile with hotel records
• Select invoices due for payment
• Post all invoices to create provisional payment list
• Check all invoices for provision for payment list
• If all is correct, proceed and print the cheques
• Print all supporting back-ups like payment summary, remittance report and cheque list
• Give the cheques with complete back-ups to Chief Accountant for final checking
• Secure Controller & General Manager's approval for payment
• Inform supplier when cheque is ready for collection
• Prepare payment for foreign suppliers / travel agency commission
• Prepare bank requisition for demand draft
• Post all Manual Cheques
• Post all Petty Cash
• All petty cash vouchers received from the General Cashier should be checked thoroughly, i.e., approval and back-up if necessary
• Prepare cheque and pass for approval
• Give the cheque to the General Cashier for disbursement
• Check Incoming tray
• Check other invoices not entered in the Receiving Report
• Obtain payment approval from Department Head concerned
• Follow-up any discrepancies
Maintain close liaison with
• Chief Accountant - regarding reporting of current status of payables ledger.
• Purchasing Officer - to resolve problems, pertaining to purchases, and purchase orders.
• Storekeeper and Receiver - to resolve any problems concerning returned items, Credit Notes.
• Ensure that all payments are posted and allocated on a timely basis.
• Ensure that all TA commissions are paid as per policy.
• Reconcile accounts on a timely basis and send for review to the Financial Controller.
• Maintain proper filing and adhere to the record retention report as per hotel policy.
• Should possess aptitude and ability to interact well with all suppliers, and follow payment procedure as per the hotel policy.
• To maintain a cordial working relationship with all Internal & External clients.
Level of Education
• Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study
• Economy, Finance, Accounting
• 3 to 5 years
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.