Job description / Role
The Accounts Payable, Payroll, & Fixed Assets Unit Head supervises the operations of the Accounting department that includes transactional accounting, fixed asset management, payroll and account payables with local and international standards and other regulatory reporting requirements, adherence to corporate policies and procedures and provision of reliable, cohesive and accurate historical information to support management decision-making.
Our client is a part of the Abu Dhabi government.
* Directs the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable, Payroll, & Fixed Assets of the LAD;
* Directs the design and development of accounting guidelines and procedures such as entry, exit or depreciation of assets in order to keep a valid, updated inventory of the Louvre Abu Dhabi assets;
* Coordinates with IT on the development and maintenance of Accounting Information System / ERP;
* Directs the generation of monthly, quarterly and end-of-year closing of books ensuring reconciliation and complete audit trail to provide accurate and up to date data for use of management;
* Reviews and follows up monthly reconciliation statements, scrutinizes and regularizes unreconciled items and maintains proper records to ensure General Ledger balances match with the sub-ledgers;
* Oversees the planning for Tax payments if any and estimates in order to ensure compliance with relevant legislation;
* Directs the processing of employee payroll, generates required reports and coordinates with IT and HR for payroll processing in order to conduct payment of salaries and benefits every month on a timely manner;
* Performs other related duties or assignments as directed by the higher level of supervision;
* Any other duties appropriate to the role.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances.
* Must be a UAE National
* Knowledge in finance, budgets and fixed assets
* Good understanding of the culture and local Payroll methods
* Knowledge of strategic remuneration (fixed assets) management, philosophy, theory and techniques
* Manages large accounting work loads at any given time
* Fluent in English and Arabic
* Graduate Degree [First cycle; Bachelor] in Accounting or Finance/ Professional Qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CA, etc
* 4 years working experience minimum in a Finance department or Accounting department
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
INC System Integrations
A Leading Oil Trading and Shipping Company in the UAE