Accounts Receivable Accountant (Temporary)
A Leading Multinational FMCG Company
Job description / Role
We are looking for a AR Accountant for 3 to 4 months as a maternity cover.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Apply received cheques, cash& wire transfer from the customers against open and outstanding invoices.
• Verify and investigate any short payments after doing the reconciliation, and accordingly communicate with the customers for payments.
• Track, update and monitor LC/LG customers and proactively with sales team to request new LC/LG from customers.
• Maintain original LC and LG in secure area
• Reconcile receivable & Cash for Vending Machines & Fresh Market businesses
• Visit customers to resolve disputes and maintain accurate records
• Conduct surprise van sales audits to confirm receivable balances
• Assess and review customer credit applications. Assess current customer limits and suggest block/unblock limits
• Maintain activity log of customer calls and correspondences as well as liaise with sales teams from businesses for non-routine credit issues such as in cases of promotions, rebates and marketing activities.
• Keep tab on the Del Monte aging report and delinquent account of customers through regular interactions with the sales teams from various business units. Ensure to decide and act upon the actions for such cases.
• Reconcile various accounts receivables subsidiary ledgers to General Ledger’s accounts. Generate and submit monthly statement of account to customers and ensure to follow-up for pending payments.
• Complete adhoc duties as requested
• Conduct a regular meeting with the key customer accounts payable manager. Maintain an open communication channel and take a proactive approach towards resolving any disputes to avoid any delay of payment.
• Providing required support during Audit to Supervisor & Chief Accountant
• Assist in month-end financial statement close
AED 8,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• MS Office
Knowledge and Skills needed:
• General Accounting Background
• Accounting qualification
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Ability to prioritize and organize
About the Company
A leading multinational FMCG company with offices throughout the world is expanding in the MENA region and we are looking for people to join our energetic team.