Job description / Role
Accounts Receivable cum Paymaster (Payroll)
Are you ready for your next career milestone? As an Accounts Receivable cum Paymaster, you will be in-charge of client billing. Payment follow up, staff payroll, reconciliation and filing. You shall be very keen in working with both colleagues and guests.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To ensure that all transfers to City Ledger through Income Audit, Accounts Payable and General Ledger do agree with the control account.
- To ensure the accuracy of all charges and credits posted to the individual accounts.
- To ensure the group billings are complete as per contract.
- To ensure all invoices are dispatched to debtors within 48 hours.
- To process invoices promptly and to render interim and monthly statements and follow up reminders on a timely basis.
- To monitor and to maintain support of all advance deposits and to balance them to the general ledger at month-end.
- To reconcile accounts receivable trial balances with the general ledger control accounts each month and to ensure accurate aging.
- To transfer all permanent folios to city ledger at the month end.
- To prepare trial balance for employees' ledger and payroll deduction.
- To allocate credits transmitted by payroll journal to appropriate employee accounts.
- To allocate credits transmitted by the Daily General Cashier Report to appropriate accounts and keep all debtor accounts up-to-date.
- To initiate payment of travel agents commission on the basis of verified computer reports.
- To ensure all documents related to the section including the Sales and Rental contracts, group orders and amendments etc. are properly filed for reference.
- To maintain an up-to-date systematic "Open Accounts" file for use by Accounts Receivable.
- To ensure that all PAF (Personal Action Forms) are duly authorized and valid for all active employees in the payroll system.
- To ensure that all "status change" notices are duly authorized before preparing them for data processing.
- To ensure that all attendance records are properly completed and approved by the Heads of Departments.
- To verify utilization benefit such as vacation and airfare are properly documented.
- To verify regular and overtime hours on attendance sheets against those on time and attendance records.
- To detail payroll withholdings for local pension, any other levy determine by the hotel or local authorities and submit for timely processing of payment.
- To prepare the hotel's payroll accurately and timely as per the prescribed requirements.
- To prepare and maintain detailed employee records for calculation of various local funds contribution.
- To reconcile monthly payroll costs and to prepare the resulting journal entries for posting to the General Ledger.
- To prepare the monthly reconciliation of all the payroll and benefit related accounts of the employees.
- To ensure that all departing employees are accurately paid in accordance with statutory requirements and as per contractual agreement.
- To update the monthly manning guide in the financial statement as per the guide and actual vs budget.
- To check all the employee benefit related petty cash claims validity and accuracy and to process for payment.
- To keep records such petty cash vouchers for future references.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Accounting & Finance Division.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To liaise with Human Resources Division and on the spot check of the staff in and out procedures and computer records.
- To maintain up-to-date well-organized files in support of all payroll input, tax and other withholdings.
- To prepare reconciliation between actual benefits outstanding versus provisions in the General Ledger for indemnity, airfare and vacation pay.
- To provide to the Human Resources Division all pertinent data for their monthly compilation of statistical personnel information.
Your experience and skills include:
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Knowledge on UAE Labour Law, changes and application.
- Ability to compile facts and figures
- Command of the English language both written and verbal
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word) and experience with Systems like Opera, Micros/Symphony, Sun Finance, Oasys, etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Tourism or Hospitality or Finance Management
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in similar Luxury Property;
- Hotel operational experience is a must;
- Strong work ethics and corporate governance.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accountant and Auditor
XB4 - CPAs & Advisors