Job description / Role
- Support the branches in the implementation of the company’s receivable management policy working along with the salespeople and the service leaders in the branches who are the process owners and final responsible of executing the policy.
- Maintain updated customer database at the country level (as requested by the Shared Services/CoE, if needed).
- Supervise and analyze the invoicing process ensuring that we comply with legal and consistency of data requirements.
- Organize and execute collection of accounts receivables to the company’s receivable management guidelines of the Group.
- Manage the provisions for customer’s bad debt provision, dunning, legal process and write-offs.
- Re-value FX customers.
- Process Owner of " Billing-To-Customer" (legal, tax, requirements, etc).
Reporting to Head of Accounting
- Formal finance qualification or other business / commerce related field
- Strong cross-cultural awareness MS-Office, SAP
- Proficient in English both in speaking and writing
- 3-5 years of experience in accounts
About the Company
Schindler was founded in 1874 in Lucerne, Switzerland, and is one of the world’s leading providers of elevators, escalators, and moving walks, as well as maintenance and modernization services. The Group has over 1 000 branch offices in more than 100 countries, as well as production sites and research and development facilities in the US, Brazil, Europe, China, and India.