Job description / Role
Our client, a large medical facility in Abu Dhabi, is currently looking for a Recreational Therapist. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Observe, analyze, and record patients' participation, reactions, and progress during treatment sessions, modifying treatment programs as needed.
• Develop treatment plan to meet needs of patient, based on needs assessment, patient interests and objectives of therapy.
• Encourage clients with special needs and circumstances to acquire new skills and get involved in health-promoting leisure activities, such as sports, games, arts and crafts, and gardening.
• Counsel and encourage patients to develop leisure activities.
• Confer with members of treatment team to plan and evaluate therapy programs.
• Conduct therapy sessions to improve patients' mental and physical well-being.
• Instruct patient in activities and techniques, such as sports, dance, music, art or relaxation techniques, designed to meet their specific physical or psychological needs.
• Obtain information from medical records, medical staff, family members and the patients themselves to assess patients' capabilities, needs and interests.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy (from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States or Western European Countries)
• License: Certification/licensing/registration as a recreational therapist by their home/resident country certification/licensing/registration body.
• Minimum 3 years providing recreational programs for children, young adults and older adults (with or without family involvement) within an interdisciplinary context.
• Experience working with a group of individuals presenting with physical limitations, intellectual, behavior and psychiatric disorders.
• Significant experience leading therapeutic groups.
• Develops and implements activities to increase social, cognitive, physical and creative aspects of the patient.
Candidates based outside UAE are welcome to apply.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.