Adjunct - English Faculty
Job description / Role
• Faculty members are responsible for providing effective instruction in English Foreign Language (EFL) at all levels, from beginner to advanced.
• By using various learning methodologies that support a learning by doing philosophy, curriculum is taught to second language learners within a student-centric learning environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and traditions.
• Faculty members play an important role in assisting with the development and preservation of system-wide and directorate-specific policies, and are viewed as active participants in academic and extra-curricular events at the College and within the community.
• The aim of faculty members is facilitating the development of students overall linguistic ability in order that they will be able to function effectively in an international environment.
• A Master's Degree in TEFL/TESL preferred
• A minimum of 3 years teaching English (preferably at a tertiary level)
• Must be able to provide instruction at various levels within the program areas
• Experience in developing course curriculum as per accreditation and international standards
• Effective presentation skills, both theoretical and practical
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
• A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodology
• Current knowledge of contemporary teaching practices and computer assisted learning in the area of English as a Foreign Language and English for Specific Purposes.
• Evidence of a personal professional development plan with membership to an internationally recognized professional association being preferred
• The ability to function as a team player within a multi-cultural work environment
• Overseas teaching/training experience to non-native English speakers is desirable
About the Company
The Centre of Excellence for Applied Research & Training (CERT) is the commercial, research and training arm of the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT), which is the largest higher education institution in the United Arab Emirates.
Since its foundation in 1996, CERT has been at the forefront of national development, through life-long learning and technology solutions that deliver value for leading organizations in the UAE and the region. It is uniquely positioned at the intersection of academia, industry, and government, offering integrated solutions that contribute to industry competitiveness and government excellence.
English Teacher - Middle School
Future International Academy
|Al Ain||20 Sep|
English Language Teacher
ESL Instructor / Career Counselor
Secondary English Teacher
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS)
English Graduate Teacher
RTC-1 Employment Services