Job description / Role
The University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD) invites applications from appropriately qualified candidates to fill the following position, which is available for immediate appointment.
• Facilitate learning for students in the discipline area.
• Develop and design curriculum plans to foster student learning, stimulate class discussions, and ensure student engagement.
• Provide tutoring and academic counselling to students, asses student coursework, and maintain course files and other class-related records.
• Collaborate with and support colleagues.
• Ph.D. or Masters Degree in Sociology from an accredited Western university.
• Professional experience and practice in the area of specialization.
Other Required Skills:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Arabic is a plus).
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Collegial; team player.
About the Company
The University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD) was established in the UAE in 2017 as a private, independent institution of higher learning, located at Dubai Investments House, Dubai Investments Park (DIP). Licensed by the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the United Arab Emirates, UOBD opened its doors in September 2018. The academic programs offered by UOBD in the different disciplines are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the MOE; new programs are under review for Initial Accreditation by the CAA. UOBD enjoys the support of Dubai Investments PJSC and builds on the long-standing reputation and legacy of the University of Balamand in Lebanon (UOB). UOBD operates as an independent institution in the UAE under an exclusive license from UOB to use the name and intellectual property of UOB. UOBD follows the North American model in the design of its programs and curricula and in its organizational setup. UOBD’s educational philosophy is based on the liberal education model, which aims to provide students with a transformative, holistic learning experience that enables them to achieve professional success, realize their personal aspirations and contribute to the advancement of society and humankind.