Job description / Role
Play Your Part
Performs administrative, secretarial, logistical, and operational tasks for the department. Acts as a resource and point of contact for coordinating internal and external projects. Develops systems, methods, and procedures for managing sales and promotions inquiries, contacts and work products. Utilizes knowledge of department and company to facilitate communications and completion of tasks.
- Communications and Liaison Role: Reviews and screens incoming phone calls, correspondence, faxes, e-mails and other communications. Provides general information or forwards inquiry to appropriate party. Acts as a resource, point of contact, and information source. Maintains ongoing communications and information to staff, including coordinating timelines and schedules.
- Program Administration: Administers programs, updates databases, maintains records and contracts, and fills orders to support travel industry programs for groups such domestic and international tour operators, year-pass program, and park collateral. Acts as interface to mailing houses and ensures demands and timelines for promotions and promotional materials are met.
- Administrative Support Role: Drafts or writes letters, memoranda, e-mails, reports and online respond to Tripadvisor and other review page reviews to support needs of the department. Prepares and tracks proposals. Arranges and coordinates meetings, conferences, conference calls, domestic and international travel, and the visits of guests, including accommodations and transportation. Prepares itineraries, maintains schedules and calendars, and reviews expense reports. Prepares agendas and support materials for meetings. Takes minute of meetings and maintain status reports, records and files.
- Office Support Role: Implements and maintains systems, methods and procedures to track and manage contacts, projects, information, and records (such as databases and contracts). Utilizes initiative, organizational, and follow-through skills to manage work flow and ensure timely and appropriate response, follow-up and closure. Continuously evaluates administrative support systems to increase productivity and improve operational effectiveness.
- Logistics and Operational Support: Facilitates the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and processes to support the department. Performs a variety of special tasks, and provides logistical support for projects and key tasks. Provides general office operational support for the department, including mailings, copying, and faxing. Maintains files, forms, promotional materials, sales support materials, and related inventory. Assists other staff members, as requested, in administrative and operational tasks and special projects.
Health & Safety
You are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within your team, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, you must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees you are responsible for are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. You must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, you must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria
- Requires at least five years of progressive secretarial or administrative experience, with at least three years working directly for a department and/or department manager. Some college or post-secondary education preferred. Training and/or experience in sales, marketing, or related field helpful.
- Requires excellent people skills, including strong interpersonal skills, the ability to build and maintain positive and supportive working relationships, and excellent customer service skills. Must be able to maintain an approachable and friendly demeanor with competing priorities and demands. This position requires the incumbent to be flexible, adaptable, responsive, and able to work effectively with multiple priorities and diverse work styles.
- This position requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Effective organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to set-up, automate and track contacts, data and information required. Must be able to self-initiate activities, coordinate tasks, and exhibit strong project management and follow-up skills. Strong typing and computer skills are necessary; expertise in Microsoft Office products (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint) and other PC software required. Knowledge of office support functions and equipment required.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014