Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
To provide administrative and clerical support to the Operations Department of Serco Dubai Metro.
- Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Head of Operation including diary management, official letters, emails, reports, minutes of meetings and maintenance of action registers;
- Responsible in scheduling meetings and coordination with the other Operations Section Administrators to ensure an efficient level of general office support activities including filing system, diary keeping, stationery & meeting rooms management;
- Assist the Deputy Head of Operations in collating returns and inputs to reports;
- Responsible in preparation and co-ordination of inputs to monthly contract reports;
- Responsible for monitoring time, attendance and holiday for the Operations Line Managers and Section Managers and coordinate with HR;
- Coordinate with other Operations Section Administrators and keep track of Operations staff records, follow-up, collate, acquire proper signatures and submit overtime records for each Operations sections to ME Payroll on a monthly basis;
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Identifies problems within own area of remit and takes responsibility for finding a solution regardless of the causes
Delivers Against Own Objectives
- In accordance with the Serco Values, follows through and meets personal commitments in an organised and methodical manner.
Adapts to Change
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing changes in work responsibilities or environment
- Effectively manages their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Ideally a degree holder or high diploma of post-secondary education in Business Administration or related discipline
- Ability to keep discretion and confidentiality;
- Dynamic, high energy individual who can support several groups/sections within a department;
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Mature and responsible approach to work and use initiative to solve problems and be able to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organization;
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling highly sensitive, confidential and non-routine information;
- Ability to demonstrate both good literacy and numeracy skills required for the role;
- Possess a recognized qualification in speed and accuracy typing;
- Possess strong PC skills including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point applications and ability to learn new software based applications;
- Minimum of 3 years, preferably 5 years experience in providing administrative and clerical
- Support to group of individual in a fast paced environment;
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.