Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known company is currently looking for an Administration Supervisor - UAE National. In this role, you will be expected to oversee and supervise, in a safe, secure and cost-effective manner all company administration processes for the organization. You will be involve managing or performing the administrative services or managing the full admin operations. You will handle clerical, administrative support and management reports to the General Manager. Other responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Take overall responsibility for the strategic development in compliance to set departmental objectives, IMS, company policies and procedures at all times.
• Ensure seamless operations of the Administration Department along with GM’s office
• outputs. All requirements are met in line with best industry practices
• Improve customer satisfaction and deliver the business commitment through identifying efficiencies which meets and whenever possible exceeds expectations.
• Implements, evaluates, develops, and recommends continual improvement of office procedures and practices (Local Work Instructions) as required in compliance with QMS/ISO standards including relevant Federal regulations.
• General Administration duties including but not limited to preparing correspondence, documentation, drafting and distribution, maintain spreadsheets, statistics, minute taking, reports and databases including typing, encoding, data processing as needed via excellent use of MS office applications or other related software.
• To provide executive support to the General Manager and Operational Managers including taking minutes of the meeting as required, management reports and timely scheduling of Board Meetings and stakeholders as needed.
• Budget Management and Petty Cash. Tracks office expenditures by recording expenses, purchase orders, authorizing purchases, ensure expenses do not overspend the allocated budget. Provides input into budget formulation.
• Control and monitor the performance of subcontractors providing services including contract renewals, review, establish KPI to ensure compliance to quality and service standards and value for money at all times.
• Maintain Asset Register that all Commercial and Procurement transactions are added to the register and that all written off assets are removed from the Register and disposed of as per the Company Policy and, wherever possible to extend the lifecycle of Assets.
• Develop branding strategies in accordance with the Company’s brand promise. Undertake research into best practice and produce an annual branding strategy every Quarter 1
• Carry out regular Quality Control checks of all outputs of the department.
• Reception duties (in the absence of both Receptionist and the Administration Coordinator, whilst on leave, break, sickness etc.) and attend to requests related to KPI as needed.
• Perform and carry out projects, ad hoc tasks, duties, CSR and monthly reports as instructed/directed by the Line Manager.
• Review costs and cash flow forecasting for the Admin Department, wherever possible without detriment to the business outputs, rationalize and reduce by reviewing/revising work processes, procedures and procurement etc.
• Plan/take actions after internal customer satisfaction survey.
• In consultation with Line Manager, produce a plan for the services requirement from Admin and ensure that suitable resource is available at all times to deliver the outputs as required in accordance with the needs.
• Contribute to the planning and delivery of key company events including but not limited to Board of Directors’ meetings, CSR, Awareness campaigns or as required from the Admin team.
• Ensuring all assets are labeled, maintained and breakdown is proactively managed ensuring emergency measures are in place and continuity of services.
• Manage all the processes and planning related to service deliverables including contingencies measures required.
• Staff Welfare improvements.
• Undertake innovation as part of continual development relating to efficiency and productivity of Administration services provision.
• Comply with company Environmental policy by taking an active role in meeting sustainability / environmental targets.
• Conduct gap analysis, and recommend to Line Manager identified opportunities for improvement to be implemented after approval.
Leadership and Supervision:
• People accountabilities, staff management and supervision of office support staff including allocation of day to day task, provision of guidance and taking rational decisions to ensure they provide the services required as per service standards in line with management and customers expectation.
• Direct reports performance management includes but not limited to set and agree challenging SMART objectives and complete Midyear and End Year performance reviews.
• Ensure develop skills set of a team member during periods of leave and absence, by this means service continuity achieved at all times and lead by example.
• Ensure clear ownership and responsibility among Administration Services team for each output.
• Direct reports leave management planned by Quarter 01 of the year.
• Integration with other teams as and when needed.
HSE Job Responsibilities:
• To comply with the organization’s QHSE policies and procedures at all times.
• To work safely at all times and to report all hazards and incidents to Departmental Supervisors/Managers.
• To actively participate in all QHSE training, programs, audits and inspections when required and, as necessary.
• To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and to that of others.
• To lead by example and ensure to protect the environment by conservation of electricity, water and other natural resources, and minimizing generation of waste.
Information Security Responsibilities:
• To protect information assets including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, accidental or deliberate.
To be considered, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Excellent English Language (written and spoken).
• Thorough understanding of health and safety concepts.
• Excellent word processing skills.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar position.
• Minimum 2 years relevant Supervisory experience.
• Hold a relevant diploma, degree or equivalent work-related experience.
• Excellent knowledge of office administration and administrative quality systems.
• Excellent computer Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.);
• Mature, detail-minded, self-motivated and responsible.
• Able to maintain strict confidentiality in performing duties
• IELTS certified (6 minimum) or equivalent.
• Due to the specific requirement of the position, only Female UAE nationals will be considered.
Other desirable criteria are:
• Marketing and branding skills.
• Finance Background for non-finance staff.
• Drive to make a difference.
• Proactive and multi-tasked and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Experience in managing sub-contractors.
• High degree of flexibility and able to multi task and adapt to changing situations.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.