Job description / Role
Administration Support Operatives - Success Profile
Reporting to: Section Lead or Supervisor within the contract
Division / Function: Serco Middle East / Integrated Facilities Services
Base location: UAE
Serco Leadership Tier: Team Member
- The purpose of the Administrator is to provide full administrative support to the contract.
- The post holder is required to ensure smooth running of the office and monitor own workload to ensure work is completed in a timely manner. Fully dedicated administrative support to the management team of the contract.
Structure and reporting relationship
- Typically reporting to a Department/Section Lead or Supervisor within the contract.
- To work closely with the other Administrators and maybe assigned to provide support to a specific department (eg Finance, Procurement).
Based on the specific requirement of the role
- Ensure a friendly, efficient and courteous service is provided to both internal and external customers demonstrating high standards of customer service at all times.
- Participate in and ensure all maintenance audits are carried out in accordance with the agreed timescale and corrective action taken where necessary.
- Ensure all record keeping and documentation is completed in a systematic and timely manner in accordance with the Quality Plan.
- Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the contract as assigned by the section lead but not limited to the following:
- Official letters, emails, reports and minutes of meetings.
- Collection of timesheets for approval.
- Timely and systematic collection of related forms required in completion of reports to management.
- Provision, distribution and regular replenishment of office supplies.
- Stock Maintenance for Pantry, Stationary, water Supplies. Consumption Tracking.
- Transport booking, meter reading, fuel consumption tracking etc.
- Daily collection of reports and official documents for submission to various departments.
- Facilitate provision of access badges, name badges and other related needs of the employees in accordance with approved procedures.
- Responsible in scheduling meetings and coordination of appointment diaries, filing system and records.
- Raising purchase orders in the system.
- Responsible for daily updating of data and preparation of daily and weekly reports for the clients such as:
- Collection, safekeeping and distribution of forms, letters, etc.
- Regular update of staff list including roster, leavers, joiners, etc.
- Maintain a filing and records system as directed by the line manager.
- Deliver the service in line with the service level agreements.
- Perform and carry out duties as instructed/directed by the line manager or a member of the Senior Management team.
- To issue Procurement Request Forms (PRF) according to quotes received from Procurement. Get Serco internal approval and deliver the PRFs to the client.
- To issue Purchase Orders (PO) on guided buying and send the approved purchase orders to the suppliers.
- Keep up to date and efficient file for the client's approved PRF and PO on share drive and SharePoint.
- Account Payables: To process supplier invoices, follow up on outstanding supplier invoices and clear supplier invoice / payment related issues.
- Account Receivables: Prepare Sales Order and Client invoices with supporting documents and deliver to the client.
- Month-end: Prepare month-end expense accruals.
- Petty Cash: Custodian of company's petty cash, safe guard the cash and prepare monthly reconciliation with supporting documents.
- Expense Claims: Process employee expense claims
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
- To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organizational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Awareness of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Environment, Quality, Health & Safety and Information Security Policy Statements
- Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from the arrangements in place to deliver the commitments stated in the policies statements above
- Exercises their personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by the acts or omissions
- Promotes a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties
- Leads by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes on this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels
- Protects information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental
- Promotes a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
Technical and professional skills
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in administration role.
- Delivery focused individual with the ability to work in a self-sufficient manner.
- Ability to demonstrate both good literacy and numeracy skills required for the role
- Possess strong PC skills including proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point applications and ability to learn new software based applications.
- Able to build strong working relationships.
- Shows confidence in communication - English language is essential, written and verbal.
- Customer focus with a drive to deliver exceptional customer service.
- A dynamic, high energy individual who can support several groups/sections within a contract,
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling highly sensitive, confidential and non-routine information.
- Ideally a degree holder in business administration or related discipline.
Additional / special features of the role
- Typical physical demands include: high mobility to inspect all facilities in a high heat stress environment; high degree of manual dexterity to sufficiently perform computer functions on a keyboard, produce materials on a PC and operate basic office equipment, normal or corrected vision and hearing, extensive sitting, mobility sufficient to visit with departments or employees throughout the facility and lift up to 30 lbs.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.