Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Administrative & Financial Specialist who will be responsible for carrying out administrative, financial duties and documents management. This role will communicate and coordinate internally with Accounting Department, Commercial, Procurement & Logistics department, as well as externally with third parties to ensure company effective performance.
• Planning, coordinating and enhancing daily administrative & financial procedures and systems.
• Maintaining timely renewal of corporate licenses and accounts, managing schedules and deadlines.
• Ensuring company operations adhere to internal policies, corporate, tax, labour, customs and other local governmental regulations; monitoring and following changes in local regulations.
• Supervising team members ensuring tasks are prioritized and organized in line with business needs.
• Providing smooth flow of information within the company & associated group companies to facilitate business operations.
• Maintaining updated and accurate database and filing systems in secure and confidential manner.
• Managing all aspects of financial operations to achieve efficient use of recourses.
• Scheduling, issuing corporate payments, monitoring and control of expenses, compiling various consolidated financial reports, statements of accounts, etc.
• Liaising with banks, private and governmental key accounts, other parties.
• Ability to handle L/Cs, CAD & non-LC Export documentation.
• Review L/C at the drafting/opening stage to assist Importer to open L/C and advise necessary changes (i.e. amendments) ensuring compliance with all requirements listed under any given L/C.
• Ensure workable L/C is received before shipment and generate required documentation.
• Skilful in negotiating error free shipping documents with banks & discrepancy solving skills.
• Engage with Commercial, Finance and Banks in maintaining policy / approach towards bank securities sought from customers (e.g. L/Cs v BPOs v Bank Guarantees).
• Maintaining HR policies in accordance with the labour law and corporate requirements, recruiting personnel when required.
• Coordinating with all departments & external parties to ensure effective running of company.
• Assisting and supporting the senior management in daily activities.
• Reporting to MD regarding financial position of company, procedure, local regulations, etc.
• Excellent English Language skills.
• Experience in supervising role in administration and finance.
• Understanding of Intra-company report handling & cash management.
• Knowledge of local corporate, tax and labour regulations.
• Computer skills in all MS Office packages.
• Good working knowledge on Letters of Credits (Usance & At Sight), Bank Guarantee (BG).
• Tally / other accounting software will be advantageous.
• Knowledge of commercial principles with experience in import-export operations, Shipping, Procurement, Supply Chain Management & Banking plus understanding of Incoterms.
• Relevant experience in Shipping / Oil & Gas Industry.
• Optional experience in Maritime - Vessel operations of Oil Tanker & LPG Carrier would be advantageous.
• Ability to work independently and to supervise & coordinate teams towards achieving results.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks flexibly and effectively, systematic approach.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Cultural sensitivity to be able to work with different cultures and countries.
• Opportunity to work in international business environment
• Competitive salary and career growth opportunities
• Medical insurance, annual ticket home
PREFERENCE will be given to candidates currently based in UAE who is ready to join immediately.
About the Company
A leading maritime management company in the UAE
Nakheel Riu Deira Island Hotel
Assistant Manager Finance
Assistant Finance Manager
Manpower Middle East
Senior Accountant (Trading)
RTC-1 Employment Services