Job description / Role
Mubadala is a global investment company with a mandate to generate sustainable financial returns to the Government of Abu Dhabi for the long-term.
We actively invest across a variety of geographies, asset classes and sectors that build on our competitive advantages of talent, financial strength, portfolio diversity and global relationships to enhance lasting value at home and overseas.
We are a responsible corporate citizen motivating our businesses to have a positive impact on the communities where they operate.
About Group Communication
Mubadala's Group Communications division are the custodians of the Mubadala Investment Company brand and our mission is to build, protect and promote the Mubadala Group's reputation.
We support the group to deliver on its mandate through world-class internal and external communications. Through our business partners and centers of expertise, we provide communications counsel, services and employee engagement across the group.
As a global communications function, we are committed to developing top-tier communications capabilities through alignment with international best practices and standards. We have an award-winning team, which has received industry acknowledgment of our great work and exceptional people.
To provide administrative support to the Group Communications teams embedded in the Petroleum & Petrochemicals and Technology, Mining & Manufacturing platforms, two of the key pillars of Mubadala's international portfolio. These two small teams are extremely busy, working in collaboration with the platform asset management and business development teams across global portfolios. It will require flexibility and initiative to balance the priorities and requirements of both teams. There are periods of intense activity that will require additional commitment of time and energy over and above the regular workload .
- Provide core administrative services to the Heads of Communication for P&P and TM&M and their respective teams:
- Organize meetings and agendas, and recording minutes and action points
- Arrange and book travel
- Co-ordinate and track procurement, invoicing and budgeting, liaising with Platform, Group Comms, Corporate and BMS Procurement and Finance representatives, as required
- Arrange and manage bookings and procurement activities in relation to logistics and other aspects of internal and external events arranged by the platform communications teams.
- Participate as a core member of the onsite team for events organized by the platform communications teams.
- Identify and implement improvements in the day-to-day workings of the platform communications teams.
- Undertake special projects, reports and research to the communications team as requested.
- Ensure proactive follow up on all agreed projects and actions for the Director and direct reports.
- Contribute to the wider Group Communications activity, including participation as a member of onsite teams for corporate events such as Employee and Senior Leadership Forums, Business Forum, as required.
- Collaborate with other Administrative team members within the platform on day-to-day requirements and special projects or events
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3+ years' experience as an administrative assistant/team support role, in a professional working environment.
- Some experience in working with communications teams preferred.
- Proven ability to deal with diverse and frequently changing business agendas.
- Able to learn and understand their teams business and operations to be most effective in the role.
- Takes a proactive approach to helping the Director and team prioritize and manage their time.
- Strong planning, organizing skills, with good attention to detail.
- Bilingual: able to speak, read and write in Arabic and English to formal business standards.
- Evidences integrity, accountability, discretion, strong work ethic and high professional standards.
- Flexible approach to working hours and day, able to support the team in the evenings/ weekends if required .
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|