Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGOÂ values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
- Under the guidance of the cash room manager, the cash room clerk is responsible for performing a variety of clerical accounting functions, such as compiling and sorting cash, calculating and verifying amounts, completing daily reports and issuing floats and change orders.
- It will be imperative that the successful candidate contributes to establishing and maintaining an extremely controlled environment and adheres to all park policies.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of the functions and maintenance of cash room equipment
- Secures all cash items in safe and properly secures cash room premises
- Maintains daily cash receipts records and logs in compliance with park policies
- Reconciliation of cash, coin, card transactions and vouchers to daily cashing up sheets
- Produces daily written reports and summaries as required by the cash room manager, DoF, FC and DoO.
- Reconciling the cash recycling machines on a daily basis and filing results
- Accurately prepare, process, and deliver float bags and change requests
- Investigate and resolve all safe fund errors and communicate discrepancies to the cash control manager
- Verifies, records and witnesses cash amounts turned in by associates who have responsibility with cash handling
- Service the vault window and phone inquiries
- Assists with audits as assigned by the cash control manager
- Avoids potential for theft and inaccurate record keeping through continued vigilance, employee training and proactive behavior
- Reports concerns about the cash office operations or cash handling to cash room manager, DoD, DoF and/or FC.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer proficiency with MS Excel & Word
- Strong integrity and business ethics
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational, numeracy and written communication skills
- Advanced verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work under time constraints and know how to prioritise workload
- Self-starter who can work independently and use own initiative
- Motivated and ambitious team player with a positive outlook
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule based on department needs
- 3rd Level Education Certificate in a finance related field
- Requires a minimum 1 year clerical accounting experience
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014