Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
The Administrator Cash Control works under the guidance of Cash Controller and is responsible for performing a variety of cash control and accounting tasks such as counting and sorting cash, credit card slips and vouchers, calculating and verifying amounts as well as performing routine reconciliations, reports and cash counts.
- Demonstrate sound understanding of Cash room function and its policies and procedures
- Avoid potential for theft and inaccurate record keeping through continued vigilance and proactive behaviour
- Service the cashier's queries via cash room window and phone queries
- Accurately prepare, process, and deliver float bags and change requests
- Maintains daily cash receipts records and logs in compliance with park policies
- Perform daily cash counts as per the cash control room policy (Safe, BCRM)
- Preparation of cash for CIT company
- Collection of credit cards receipts, vouchers etc
- Maintaining cash control entry and exit log
- Performance of adhoc tasks as assigned by Cash Controller
- Supporting the Cash Controller in his routine responsibilities
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is required.
- At least 3 years of experience in Cash Control function / Retail environment
- Previous experience in a similar role in the U.A.E.
- Effective oral and written communications skills in English
- Possess good interpersonal skills for interacting with people
- A team player and have the ability of meeting assigned targets
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Process-oriented, with attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Advance user Microsoft Office Suite, Excel (Pivot Tables), PowerPoint and Outlook
- Problem solving and Judgement skills
- Bachelor's' Degree in Accounting or related financial field
- Previous experience in the Hospitality industry
- Ability to speak and write in Arabic
- 6 days a week, 9 hours per day
- Physically fit
- Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic integrated resort environment
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment and to stand for long hours
- Work on a rotating shifts including weekends and public holidays
- Experience within a Theme Park finance function or experience from Retail/FMCG or food and beverage related business.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014