Job description / Role
Overall Objective of the Job
Responsible for effective and efficient execution of secretarial and administrative work and ensure effective operations of the office of the chair of the department.
- Preforms a verity of secretarial and support tasks for the chair of the Genetics & Genomics Department
- Schedules meeting, appointments and keep track of chair calendar
- Processes all business correspondence including letters, reports, memos and routine correspondences
- Provide appropriate liaison with the university and other external agencies and organization
- Assist the chair in activities related to strategic planning
- Assist the chair in activities related to management advisory board
- Prepare daily and weekly Schedules chart for the chair of department
- Organize and maintain files and records.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- College degree or higher diploma
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- High-level skills in using the Internet and computer programs especially MS Office.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|