Job description / Role
- To ensure that the Dean's Office operates efficiently, and that secretarial and administrative work are handled competently and effectively.
- Performs a variety of complex secretarial and clerical tasks which require considerable independent action and judgment
- Deals with a high-volume and confidential workload while coping with conflicting demands.
- Composes routine and confidential correspondence in a timely manner.
- Ensures confidentiality of restricted information.
- Controls the Dean's calendar and assigns appointments after determining the relative importance and urgency.
- Screens and prioritizes telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner, responding where feasible or redirecting as necessary.
- Greets visitors to the office, both internal and external to the College, and deals with complaints and requests as necessary while referring to appropriate source of information.
- Gives information and explains policies, procedures or regulations in response to inquiries, using knowledge of organization and its function
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships both within and external to the College.
- Requests and collates information from departments for inclusion in reports to higher authorities.
- Prepares and distributes agendas, minutes, and supporting documentation for monthly Faculty Council meetings and other meetings as required.
- Takes minutes of Faculty Council meetings, transcribes from notes to produce a final copy.
- Maintains duplicate personal files for all faculty members, including complaints, disputes, promotion criteria and salary information.
- Organizes and maintains files, correspondence and other records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by the direct supervisor.
- Assists with English documentation to ensure spelling and terminology is correct.
- This position is available for UAE Nationals.
- BSc with Suitable experience
- Secretarial experience in an academic environment
- Capacity to prioritize tasks and manage workload while under pressure
- Ability to conform to strict deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and undirected
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of written English
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Computer literacy
- Ability to act as a member of the decanal team
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jun|
Ziad Galadari Group
Secretary - Project Management
Etisalat - UAE
HR Source Consulting
Personal Assistant to CEO
A Leading Oilfield Services Company in Iraq