Job description / Role
Post-holder will work closely with the Admissions Manager to provide a professional and high quality admissions service to all enquirers, applicants and their families, both from the UAE and abroad.
The Admissions Assistant works collaboratively to deliver a high quality standard of support, ensuring that services ae efficient and effective. The post holder will provide administrative support to ensure that procedures are adhered to and specific projects are effective.
This is a busy and varied role involving daily communication with academic staff, pupils and visiting families. The post holder needs to work well under pressure, to have excellent organizational skills, to demonstrate good use of initiative and to have the ability to multi-task and priorities. A collaborative and coherent approach is essential to ensure that, regardless of circumstances, the team are fully conversant with processes and procedures and able to contribute effectively to any activity within the team.
The post holder will be dealing with enquiries, making appointments and conducting interviews and testing as appropriate on a daily basis. The post holder will need to support the team at all times.
Effective use of the data management system is essential. The Admissions Assistant will be required to:
• Enter data accurately and within appropriate timescales into the student database system from initial enquiry onwards.
Analysis and Research
The post holder will be required to
• Undertake database training as necessary to enable the development, creation and use of admissions statistical reports, in order to monitor progress against targets and identify trends.
• The Admissions Assistant’s involvement in the recruitment process is to support the Admissions Manager.
• Meet with families if needed when the Admissions Manger is not in the office.
• General administrative support duties to ensure the smooth running of the Admissions Office.
• Responds efficiently to a constant stream of questions via telephone and email regarding the School and the Admissions process from prospective and new parents. This includes communicating clearly with those who may not be familiar with the curriculum and for whom English is not their first language.
• Sends out promotional literature to prospective families and other representatives.
• Ensures that proper correspondence and documentation is received and acknowledged, filed, and that departments are notified as appropriate.
• Processes admissions documents.
• Provides support for the administration relevant to student enrolment.
Parent Engagement and Recruitment Events
• Attend and support admissions specific events including, virtual and digital, all open events and taster days, etc.
• Conduct school tours, as required, for prospective families which effectively sell the school, promoting the school’s academic and non-academic achievements.
Any other duties:
• Create a positive image of the School.
• Other duties that may be seen as being within the scope of this position.
• To work in accordance with Taaleem policies.
All employees will embrace Taaleem mission, vision and objectives and be responsible for adhering to the core values of the institution, including: Professional, Spirited, Pioneering and Nurturing.
All employees are also expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position.
• Customer Service Orientation includes attitude, behaviour, interpersonal skill and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
• Adaptability including teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfil job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
• Efficiency and Effectiveness includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
• Essential Job Requirements includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
• Managerial Responsibilities includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements and budgetary constraints
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Administrator – Academic Registry Office
A Leading Group In UAE
HR Admin Assistant & Receptionist
Office Administrator / Customer Service Assistant