Job description / Role
The Canadian International School is a K-12 private school with over 1,000 students and over 150 professional and support staff. We are accredited by Alberta Education to teach the Alberta Program of Studies and thus, our high school students graduate with an Alberta High School Diploma.
We are currently seeking an experienced Admissions Officer to add to our team here in Abu Dhabi.
The Admissions Officer will work directly with the Principal, VPs, Registrar & Student Records Dept. and has specific responsibility for student admissions, coordination of the application process, customer services, admissions support services and dissemination of information about the school to current and future parents/students.
- Bachelor's degree in student services, business, education, or a closely related area;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role;
- Teaching or other educational experience would be advantageous;
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the use of integrated software systems, PowerSchool, and Microsoft Office applications;
- Fluent in English - Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the public;
- Ability to work effectively within an ethnic, cultural and socially diverse student population;
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to set priorities and achieve them;
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to work with a committee or a team;
- Excellence in providing and modeling quality customer service;
- Must be friendly, approachable, personable and professional at all times;
- Ability to think outside the box and to lead and manage the admissions process of CIS to ensure admission goals are met every year.
About the Company
Welcome to a school that responds to the needs of 21st century expatriate students. We are living in an international community, so our school must provide a learning environment that cultivates the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to compete in an increasingly global society. Right from the embracing arch at the entrance of CIS, students, parents, teachers and staff know that they are walking into a facility that has been purposely designed for a community of learners to meet the demands of our international world.
At CIS, the Alberta Program of Study provides the internationally renowned standards and curriculum framework to support Inquiry-Based Learning (IBL), a student-centered educational philosophy that has proven to increase students abilities to problem-solve. Students are presented a guiding question, and then must use their prior knowledge and skills to build direct and meaningful correlations to solve the problem. Math, English, Social Studies, Science, Information and Communication Technology, Fine Arts fuse as they are explored in real life contexts that demand and allow for multiple intelligences to shine.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||1 Jul|
Customer Service Executive
A Leading Orthopedic Practice In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||1 Aug|
Petrochem Middle East
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||29 Jul|