Job description / Role
• The post holder will manage admissions process from initial enquiry and registration to admission, including interviews, entrance tests, references and paperwork.
• The Admissions Officer reports to the School Principal.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To respond to all enquiries (telephone, email, in person, via the website), providing advice when necessary to prospective pupils, parents and feeder schools.
• To gather data on all prospective admissions and input into the admissions database
• To ensure prospectuses are always available in reception, Head’s office and Head’s waiting area
• To maintain contact with prospective admissions and inviting them to relevant school events
• To ensure all admissions paperwork, eg: registration forms, standard letters, are up?to?date
• Processing registration forms on the day of receipt. This includes inputting details onto the admissions database, acknowledging receipt of the registration form in writing, processing subject choice forms and creating a prospective pupil file.
• Requesting references from the students’ current school and ensuring they are received before entrance tests are taken.
• Sending out invitations to attend Entrance Test / Open Day.
• Occasionally, a student may register with the school outside of the normal admissions cycle. If this is the case, the
• Admissions Officer will arrange their interviews, tours and tests.
• For overseas students, obtain a copy of their passport and visa details to comply with ADEK regulations
• Keeping admissions statistics up-to-date (for Elementary, Middle and High School) and distribute to the VP and the
• Principal on a weekly basis
• Keeping prospective pupil files up?to?date
• Creating and maintaining prospective pupil files on the admissions database – this includes changes to contact details, status etc.
• Check annually that the contact details for feeder schools are accurate.
• Outcome of Entrance Tests
• Prepare prospective pupil files for consideration (including test results and interview feedback).
• Prepare and distribute letters of offer and decline.
• Liaise with the school accountant regarding the outcome of bursary applications.
• Inform all feeder school with Entrance Test / Open Day results.
• Provide feedback, if required, to parents of those pupils not offered a place.
• Maintain stocks of all marketing materials.
• Annually update School banners used to promote Open Days.
• Produce fliers for Open Day and distribute to feeder schools four weeks prior to the event.
• Create the Open Day program and map.
• Update and maintain content on the upper section of the website.
• Liaise with upper teaching staff and encourage them to submit news stories and photos on a regular basis.
• Produce and upload promotional banners for the website.
• Any other duties as necessary.
Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities
• An understanding of the independent education sector.
• Experience within a similar sized or larger environment, preferably within a customer service role.
• Well organized and systematic.
• Experience of database management.
• High level IT skills (Microsoft Office).
• Initiative and ability to work without direct supervision.
• Diplomatic with strong interpersonal skills.
• Thorough, with an eye for detail.
• Have a very welcoming and polite front-of-house manner
• An ability to form strong working relationships with prospective parents and staff.
• A good team player.
• A Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
• Two or more years’ experience in admissions/customer service.
• At least two years’ experience with staff supervision.
• Strong management and interpersonal skills, budget preparation and management, data analysis skills, and the ability to work effectively with faculty, professional and classified staff members.
• Good listening skills, enabling each family to be heard during the enrollment process as well as throughout the student’s tenure at the school.
• Excellent level of written and spoken English (fluent).
• Written and spoken Arabic required
About the Company
Aldar Academies, a division of Aldar Properties PJSC, is a leading provider of private education in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. We provide inspiring learning environments, combining the very best academic, arts and sporting facilities with the highest standards of teaching. From a single school with 250 students in 2007, Aldar Academies now operates six schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain with over 4700 students. With over 700 employees we have planned projects to grow our current schools and build new ones to increase our student capacity to over 14,000 in the next 4-5 years. All our schools are rated Band A by the Abu Dhabi Education Council.
All Aldar Academies schools offer a British curriculum, which has been adapted to the needs of students in the UAE, ensuring that all our students have access to an international education in a stimulating, multi-cultural setting where academic achievement is nurtured alongside personal development. Operating as integral parts of the communities to which they belong, each of our six primary and secondary schools allows students to find and pursue their passions and prepare them for a future of success.
Aldar Academies schools are, at pre-school and primary level, The Pearl, Al Mushrif and Al Muna; serving both pre-school, primary and secondary age students are Al Ain International School and Al Yasmina, which operates from FS1 to Year 13. Al Bateen Secondary School serves the needs of secondary school students in the heart of Abu Dhabi and offers the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12 and 13.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||10 Jul|