Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking.
Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
Your new role, what's involved?
* I set the PPP Advisory budgets and have full accountability for achieving Fiscal growth & profitability targets for the PPP Unit. I am accountable for bringing in Cash on time and chasing overdue payments.
* I monitor the PPP Markets, track PPP Laws, and the establishment of PPP Units (Like NCP in Saudi), and liaise with our Ethics committee on noncore countries on the periphery of our Core market.
* I actively promote our Technical Advisory services with our existing Key clients through regular contact at the EOI stage or earlier on PPP Prospects.
* I Continuously seek out new niche market opportunities.
* I make decisions on whether we are better suited to a Public Sector or Private sector role in each opportunity depending on the nature of the Project, its location, and the amount of WSP PPP and Non-PPP services we can provide.
* I actively participate in seeking out bids or negotiated opportunities that maximize the benefits of my team's core skills.
* For Live bids I lead the bid strategy, establish the proposed Team, the assessment of the RFP Scoping, and how we qualify/go forward with the submission of bids for PPP Advisory services for ME opportunities.
* I lead post-bid negotiations, and agreement of Terms and Conditions (alongside our Commercial and legal teams) and present the final deal for sign-off.
* If we are not successful, I seek out lessons learned on a no-blame basis, to see where improvements can be made.
* When we are successful with bids, I am accountable for delivery, and for ensuring the allocated execution teams have the skills and tools to execute the Transaction works.
* I am accountable for the welfare, health & safety, and growth of my team members. I hire them for a career not a project and I help plan their future.
* I liaise, plan and coordinate with the WSP UK and Global PPP teams, bringing in their skills where required to complement ours. In return, we are providing them with good LTA and Independent Certifier opportunities.
* I Contribute to developing the wider business strategy in ME, strategizing market penetration, managing and planning resources, and fostering a collaborative, professional, and positive working environment
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* A graduate or post-graduate degree in a Project Management or Engineering discipline.
* Minimum of 25 years of Development or Construction experience, 8 of which is associated with PPP transactions in a Social infrastructure or Consulting company.
* Minimum 5 years based in the Middle East preferably UAE Qatar or KSA.
* Experience leading a potentially large and diverse team spread over 3-4 countries.
* Demonstrated experience in the management of feasibility studies, project structuring and transaction implementation (including the Transaction stages from Business case through EOI, RFQ, RFP documentation, Evaluation, the appointment of preferred Bidder, Financial close, and at every stage working with and supporting Legal & Financial Advisors )
* Experience in supporting an SPV through their Bid stage ensuring they score over the Evaluation threshold on the Scoring mechanism.
* A good understanding of Payment Mechanism's Helpdesks, and Life Cycle sinking Funds.
* Strategic-thinking business professional with strong leadership and transactional skills.
* Arabic speaking is an advantage but by no means essential
What's in it for you?
You'll be joining a diverse and passionate group of individuals including engineers, scientists, technicians, consultants, and academics, who work together to provide the most effective and sustainable solutions for our clients.
What if we can?
What if we can have a work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends, or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time, or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first-class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture that respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.