Job description / Role
AFC Technician - Success Profile
Reporting to: AFC Team Leader
Division / Function: Transport / Dubai Metro
Base location: Engineering & Maintenance/ ATC & Systems
Serco Leadership Tier: Team Member
The purpose of this position is to provide effective engineering and maintenance services covering the Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) and Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system for Dubai Metro.
Structure and reporting relationship
Position holder will be reporting to either AFC Team Leader or AFC Engineer
Based on the specific requirement of the role
- Assist the AFC Team Leader in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities on AFC and CCTV systems covering automatic gates, ticket vending machines, ticket office machines, central control, AFC station equipment, Indoor/outdoor IP based CCTV cameras, Video recorders and related components
- Install, service and repair AFC and CCTV system located in stations, depots, car parks and central computer room
- Carry out repair and maintenance work with the use of hand, machine, electrical and electronic tools and reference to technical drawings, schematics, manuals, procedures and work instructions
- Replace faulty AFC/CCTV equipment, handover/take back to the electronics workshop for repair
- Maintain accurate maintenance records of AFC/CCTV system and equipment performance, work accomplished and other information using a computerised maintenance management system
- Assist the AFC Team Leader and/ or other technical support staff to implement complex systems or new projects
- Ensure the maintenance tools and equipment are maintained in good condition both before and after job activities
- Perform shift and emergency duties when required
- Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the AFC Team Leader.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Vocational trade certificate or diploma in electronics, electrical, computers Engineering discipline or equivalent
Technical & Professional Skills
- Ability to use and calibrate various electronic test equipment and PC for the maintenance of automatic fare collection system
- Ability to write simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Preferably hold a valid UAE driving license with good driving skill and experience.
- Preferably minimum 1 year work experience as a qualified electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, or electronics technician in maintaining and repairing automatic fare collection system automatic gates, ticket vending machines, ticket office machines, central control and AFC or CCTV system related components, is highly preferable.
Additional / special features of the role
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
- To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced among subcontractors and third parties working in Serco's controlled premises/systems
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.