Job description / Role
Lead and implement the overall Eastern Motors passenger cars (Mercedes Benz, Chrysler, Jeep & Fiat) After-sales department’s annual strategy and business plan to ensure alignment with the Group’s goals and objectives. Manage and lead the After-sales activities by planning, driving sales performance, execute marketing initiatives/campaigns to maximize business revenue and achieve profits with high level of customer satisfaction. Implement Principal’s retail standards and process across after-sales services like maintenance, repair and body-shop operations.
• Strategy: Lead, communicate and implement the annual budgets & approved strategy throughout the department through line managers and maintain regular contact with them. Conduct individual meetings and management meetings for supporting and guiding second line management strategically to ensure all efforts are in line with the overall Group’s, Company’s and Principal’s goals and objectives.
• Operations: Ensure quality of repair and workmanship is in accordance with the Principal and Management’s guidelines. Manage and identify opportunities to improve sales, design and ensure implementation of appropriate selling and marketing initiatives to achieve improvement. Manage parts inventory management function to ensure that adequate stock levels are maintained at all times to balance business demand against carrying cost for the purpose of maximizing profits.
• Performance Management: Define, monitor, track and review actual performance of each department and sub-department vs. target using various daily, weekly monthly, and quarterly performance reports and ensure department turnover, profitability, and productivity, labour efficiency is achieved. Proactively take action when necessary to address under performance
• Customer Service & Retention: In line with the automotive division and Principal's guidelines, develop and implement customer retention strategy by implementing new ideas to retain customers, increase demand and brand loyalty through rewards innovation. Analyze customer satisfaction survey results, understand the root causes and ensure actions are in place, to proactively manage the customer expectations.
• Relationship Management: Establish and maintain effective business relationships with Automotive sister companies, Principal, key external parties & customers to facilitate business progress and growth. Attend meetings together at principals’ office to develop and execute a mix of service menu packages, maintenance contract packages and extended warranty packages to increase customer satisfactions and retention.
• Team Management: Conduct regular performance reviews, coach, counsel, provide support and necessary tools. Create and ensure implementation of training plans and programs to enable team to accomplish their tasks efficiently. Ensure hiring of required manpower including department managers as per the plan to facilitate smooth operation and efficient achievement of targets
• Bachelor’s degree in Automotive, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• 8 years minimum experience in After-sales operations within automotive industry (preferably Mercedes Benz); where 4 years should be on managerial level in GCC countries
• Leverage Industry Best Practices
• Drive Accountability
• Champion Change
• Encourage Excellence
• Develop and Engage Employees
• Display Emotional Maturity
• Impact Across Business
About the Company
Al Fahim Group is one of Abu Dhabi’s most successful family businesses. The company was founded by the late Abdul Jalil Al Fahim in 1958, a visionary entrepreneur who led the company until his death in 1996. Today, it continues to be directed by a board composed of eight brothers, intrinsically motivated to preserve and enhance the business seeds sown by their father - for the good of the country, and their compatriots.
As Abu Dhabi moves forward, Al Fahim Group continues to support the country’s progress by servicing the needs of the new economy with excellence and quality - whether providing safe, reliable service and support to fuel the continued growth of Abu Dhabi’s oil and gas fields; distributing top-quality, luxury cars to ensure its residents have the ways and means to travel the roads in comfort; building and managing world-class hotels and residences to accommodate a growing influx of tourists and residents; or investing in a board portfolio of local, regional and global interests to generate funds to support continued growth opportunities.
Service Manager - Automotive
Viva HR Consultants
Head of Parts - Automotive
TGC Consulting Middle East
Showroom Manager - Car Exports
Legend World Investments LLC
Business Development Manager
Swisslinx Middle East