Job description / Role
The Agile Delivery Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organising and motivating scrum teams either within a Release Train or outside to achieve a high level of performance and quality in the delivery of outputs that provide exceptional value to end users and customers. The Agile Delivery Manager may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility initiatives using agile methods in a fast paced environment that may involve multiple business units.
What You’ll Be Expected To Do:
• Support the RTL in key ceremonies such as PI planning and Review, and play a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools supporting the Agile framework and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the Release Train team.
• Act as a Champion in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit intiatives of all sizes with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability based on PMI-ACP principles.
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame or retribution, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving. Protect and provide all support to the team/s using a servant leadership style whenever possible and lead by example.
• Facilitate getting the work done practicing servant leadership and encourage discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
• Drive Quality and ensure the Definition of Done (DOD) is being followed, ensures each team member is fully engaged in the stories and making a meaningful contribution. Encourage a sustainable pace adhering to the agreed quality management plan with the team.
• Maintain an agile project management tool (e.g. ScrumDesk, JIRA, etc.).
• Assist in team development through holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work, leveraging cross functional team skills to improve product backlog throughput, and mentoring and developing team members.
• Attend regular stand-ups and scrum of scrums, in order to understand the team's progress and issues, and to flag up to the team, where necessary, any important external issues of which they need to be aware.
• Support the Technical Product Manager in managing business expectations and transparency in both product backlog and schedule for all initiatives.
• Define and manage a well-defined process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Delivery Management.
• Implement an agile governance with key ceremonies, drives continuous improvement with constant assessments of velocity (team story point throughput), defect percentage improvements etc.
• Assist with the cost estimation / sizing exercise for both near term and future initiatives and assists with preparing total cost of ownership with the product team.
• Together with the Product team, supports the RFx phases in the procurement process and the scheduling of such activities in relation to the product lifecycle.
Qualifications You’ll Need To Have:
• 8+ years in Information Technology
• Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in Computer Science or similar.
• Certified SAFe and PMI ACP (additional certifications such as PMI, Prince 2, CSM desirable) with 5+ years of practical application of the Scrum Management discipline.
Experience You’ll Need To Have:
• Proven leadership and project delivery experience in a matrix organisation with global teams for a large organisation.
• Experience in Agile Delivery within the context of a large technology change programmes.
Skills You’ll Need To Have:
• Well-versed in the use of tools of software delivery e.g. MS OFFICE suite, JIRA, Confluence etc.
• Good architectural knowledge of large scale systems.
• Ability to effectively communicate specialist information in an understandable format to all stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills, focusing on core scrum values of openness, honesty and respect.
• Hands-on leader with strong people skills.
• Experience in a Leadership Role
About the Company
Based in Dubai, the Emirates Group employs over 103,363 staff from more than 160 nationalities. The Emirates Group’s extensive and diverse international portfolio includes the world’s largest international airline, Emirates, and one of the largest combined air services provider in the world, dnata. For the year financial year ending 2017-18, the Emirates Group posted a profit of AED 4.1 billion (US$ 1.1 billion). Within the Group there are a diverse range of businesses which offer a wide spectrum of career opportunities, all of which can be explored through the Group's dedicated careers website, emirates.com/careers
Essential to the Group’s ongoing success is the employment of high-quality people who benefit from living and working in Dubai, a modern cosmopolitan city offering one of the most desirable lifestyles in the world. The Emirates Group employees come from over 160 nationalities, receive tax-free salary and benefits package, and are offered professional development opportunities to further their careers with the organisation. If you are a high-performer, seeking a career challenge, personal and professional development, and reward and recognition for your contribution, then the Emirates Group is the perfect opportunity for you.