Job description / Role
Agile Project Manager
Our client is a FinTech company specializing in insurance technology. They recognize their people as the most valuable asset of the company, and they are accomplishing the utmost culture and the best work place practises for their employees. Their people are known to be unique, motivated, talented and among the best of the best.
The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value. The APM is responsible for managing several concurrent projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
• Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
• Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
• Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
• Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
• Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engage
• Excellent Communication Skills, fluent in English.
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
• A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent is a plus
• Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members
• Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Business, Master`s is a plus
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of trust and confidence
• Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile Project Management tools.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.