Agricultural Engineer - Nutritionist
Job description / Role
We are seeking a young, enthusiastic and motivated agricultural engineer for the following tasks:
• Supervise and monitor the daily activities of the milking parlor including but not limited to proper milking routine, cleaning and sanitation, daily and periodic maintenance, staff management, reporting etc.;
• Supervise and monitor daily feeding activities of animals including all production and age groups as well as feed preparation, distribution, feed stock management, reporting etc.;
• Evaluation of feeding, body condition scoring of animals of all age groups and adjustment of feeding.
• To maintain all ISO related documentation.
The selected person carries out his/her duties with section supervisors and reports to farm manager.
• BSc (min 3 years) and MSc (min 1 to 2 years) in agricultural engineering, animal husbandry and nutrition from reputed university;
• Extensive knowledge on, experience with milking technologies, milk recording and use of farm management software;
• Background on animal and dairy nutrition, feed formulation, agricultural machineries;
• Previous experience, training working with camels is a plus;
• Knowledge on precision agriculture is a plus;
• English language is required; Arabic language knowledge is a plus;
• General computer knowledge using MS Office softwares (word, excel, powerpoint, accord etc.).
• Previous work experience will be evaluated and taken into consideration together with the personality of the applicant.
• The selected person must be flexible, innovative, but in the same time an efficient team-player and ready to learn new aspects of agriculture and working with dromedary camels.
About the Company
Over 25 years ago, the idea of a camel-milking facility was born at the Central Veterinary Research Laboratory (CVRL) in Dubai. Research commenced with the specific aim to obtain scientific proof of the outstanding health benefits of camel milk. The ultimate goal was to introduce camel milk to the markets and by doing so, to make it accessible to a large number of consumers.
After the completion of the research in 2003, Emirates Industry for Camel Milk & Products (EICMP) was established. By 2006, the milk production facility was completed and the first camel milk products under the brand name Camelicious hit the UAE shelves in August of the same year.
With technology up to latest standards and 4,000+ camels, EICMP runs the most advanced and first fully integrated camel milk production facility in the world. The EICMP processing facility, housed within the camel farm, is the worldâ€™s first sophisticated camel milking plant, incorporating state-of-the-art technology and camel research.
The milk production at the EICMP facilities is closely monitored matching highest international standards. The operation obtained ISO 22000 certification for both, the farm facilities and the dairy processing, and follows HACCP procedures. The whole operation fulfills the strict EU requirements for export into the European Union.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Agricultural Technician
Talent Search Group (TSG)
|Saudi Arabia||9 Jul|
Big Fish Recruitment
First Gulf Company (FGC)
|Al Ain||21 Jun|
NAAAS Holding Group