Job description / Role
Design, plan and maintain land and greenhouses’ for growing of organic produce without the use of pesticides, herbicides, or chemical fertilizers
• Implement agricultural programs to improvise quality standards in agricultural products, both fruit and vegetables.
• Increase plot production through organic agricultural methods.
• Counsel and educate farmers and agriculturalists on latest farming issues and techniques.
• Develop and implement fertilization programs according to crop requirements and with the sole use of organic fertilizers.
• Develop and manage irrigation systems. Develop and implement irrigation plan according to crop water requirement.
• Perform pest management practice with the exclusive use of organic and biological products
• Conduct research on latest trends in agricultural engineering and farming aspects.
• Interact and coordinate with farming professionals, agronomists, agricultural technicians and farmers.
• Interact with agricultural vendors, clients and government organizations.
• Ensure compliance of all state and federal agricultural laws and guidelines.
• Support production planning and scheduling for all areas of farm and greenhouse
• Assess farm and greenhouse growing conditions regularly
• Develop and discuss with Property Management alternative and innovative strategies for farm planting and maintenance which applies to intensive small-acreage farming
• Ensure quality standards and health safety of all farm and greenhouse cultivation and harvesting practices, storage of chemicals, maintenance of farm
• Accepting responsibility and personal ownership for actions, results and risks.
• Keep accurate records of all matters relating to the operation of the greenhouse and farm including but not limited to, seeding and harvesting schedule, planting history, pest and disease history of each farm and greenhouse area, and harvesting history of all sites.
• Ensure that each property lands are effectively utilized and maintained throughout the year
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Direct Manager
• Bachelor Degree in Agricultural Science/ Engineering/ Management
• UAE experience desired but not essential
• Min 5+yrs experience working in Agriculture related area
• Background in organic farming.
• Knowledge of organic crop growing
• Ability to work of own initiative
• Innovation / Initiative
• Organizational commitment
• Analytical / Logical Thinking
• Attention to detail
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.