Job description / Role
- To promote a positive teaching and learning environment in schools across the Emirates.
- To administer applied lessons in an engaging and progressive manner.
- To ensure successful implementation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy.
- To participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the new curriculum and assessment strategy.
- To support a Professional Stream wide reform by participating in and organizing professional development sessions such as: peer-observations, model lessons, professional development workshops and any other activities that promote effective teaching and learning.
- Professional Stream Teachers work in teams, led by Professional Stream Coordinators, with each member contributing to the continuous improvement of teaching and learning materials and support for students. Professional Stream Teachers are responsible for the successful implementation of Professional Stream Curriculum across grades 9-12 and are required to do the following:
- Deliver the curriculum according to 21st century teaching and learning principles.
- Model and support an applied, learner-centered, hands-on classroom environment that promotes learner engagement and participation.
- Ensure that students reach the expected age-related outcomes.
- Create a positive, active, practical, applied learning environment.
- Manage all facilities and activities related to achieve student learning.
- Play a leadership role in modeling behaviour, attitudes, and learning behavior for students.
- Support the learning process by identifying needs and guiding students to achieve their learning objectives.
- Ensure assessments are delivered according to the assessment strategy and guidelines, in a valid and rigorous manner.
- Maintain an accurate record of student achievement and performance.
- Create positive and effective relationships with colleagues.
- Responsible for the education
- Ability to supervise agricultural field experiences.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
- Minimum 3-5 years of appropriate vocational or teaching experience.
- Knowledge of agricultural science and technologies
- Sound problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, liaison and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated high level of customer service skills with external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to use Information Technology in the classroom such as smartboard, ppt., Word, spreadsheets, LMS
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and capacity to work effectively in a workforce comprising of UAE nationals and expatriates.
- Proven willingness to work effectively and to contribute to the team environment and objectives.
- Experience teaching in an ESL environment.
- Candidates must meet at least one of the required criteria options below.
- Relevant degree (preferably at Master Level) from an accredited higher education institution.
- Teaching and / or recognized assessor qualifications
- B.Ed/PGCE/PGDE/Master of Teaching (Secondary)
- Cert 4 in Training and Assessment
- Vocational Training Experience
- ESL teaching experience
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in selected field
- DELTA (TEFL Q status)
- Excellent communicative oral and written English is essential. The following proficiency certificates are accepted:
- IELTS 7.0 Academic / 7.5 General (with a minimum of 6.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results