Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
• Manage and direct processes and R&D (research and development) to meet the needs of our AI strategy
• Understand bank's and client challenges and how integrating AI capabilities can help lead to solutions
• Lead the development of conversational AI systems that can understand and respond to natural language inputs.
• Work with cross-functional teams to identify business requirements and design AI solutions that meet those requirements.
• Analyze and explain AI and machine learning (ML) solutions while setting and maintaining high ethical standards
• Advise CIO and IT leadership team on a broad range of technology, strategy, and policy issues associated with AI
• Conduct assessments of the AI and automation market and competitor landscape
• Develop algorithms and models that can improve the accuracy and effectiveness of our chatbot systems.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in conversational AI and natural language processing.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree
• Two or more years of experience in applying AI to practical and comprehensive technology solutions
• Experience with ML, deep learning, Tensor Flow, Python, NLP
• Experience in program leadership, governance, and change enablement
• Knowledge of basic algorithms, object-oriented and functional design principles, and best-practice patterns
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others.
• Analytical and review skills with the ability to draw the correct conclusions from reviews
• Time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.