Job description / Role
ATC Procedures Specialist - Dubai Tower
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
Ensure that all new and revised procedures, agreements and staff instructions are regularly updated and published accurately, in time and in accordance with regulatory requirements. The job holder requires adherence to various operational and UAE regulatory demands and requires immediate decision making that can often affect the safety and lives of aerodrome users
- Document all changes required through the dans MOC and Safety Management processes.
- Develop new ATC procedures in the form of TI, SI, etc. and communicate these to all necessary stakeholders
- Ensure a thorough understanding and awareness (through self or pre-watch briefing) of current OBs, TIs, SIs, NOTAMs and weather information before assuming any ATC duties.
- Participate on an ad hoc basis in simulation exercises, development of procedures and airspace restructuring.
- Participate in configuration testing and commissioning of new or upgraded ATM systems
- Manage air traffic flow and provide operators with slot allocation information as required, to avoid congestion within or beyond dans' assigned areas of responsibility
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Comprehensive experience in the operation and interaction of ATC equipment
- ICAO English Level 5 language proficiency, valid ATC license and valid relevant medical certificate
- Previous experience in working in an ATC support function and in producing and maintaining unit documentation.
- Proven ability to work in a complex, high density environment, unique to dans with respect to innovative procedures, e.g. RECAT, RRSM, APO etc
- Previous experience in Dubai Tower
- Candidates will be required to validate as a Tower ATCO at Dubai International Airport and maintain their medical and licence currency as per the GCAA regulations
- Candidates will be required to qualify for and pass a DXB TWR assessment of previous competence (APC).
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.