Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based in Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Inflight Catering Duty Officer to join our successful business.
The Duty Officer is responsible for all shift related activities in the operations departments, including the ware-wash and flight prep functions which is accomplished by directing and leading the catering team leaders.
• Coordinates between airside and landside operations to optimize the deployment of staffing resource that is most cost efficient and delivers a full dispatch to aircraft on time.
• Supports the Operations Manager in establishing current and future resource requirement by evaluating operational improvements or risk mitigation as and when required.
• The Duty Officer assumes the role of ‘person in charge’ for the airside and landside operations when the Operations Manager is not on site
• Personally interacts with senior cabin crew and VIP catering management to help provide a seamless and timely service delivery
• Responsible for all safety audits and inspections, and acts as the standard bearer on the shift in regards safety management.
• Is accountable for the accuracy and timeliness of service delivery for all flights during the shift by monitoring supervisory activities, maintaining the provided KPI’s relating to staff performance
• Accountable for the accuracy of the inventory counts across the shift.
• Communicating throughout the shift with the kitchen team, the replenishment team and ware wash to ensure a smooth and timely flow of materials and equipment to the flight prep function
• Personal management of all VIP requirements on the shift, from procurement, liaising with the kitchen and sourcing the required goods and equipment, and communication with the client throughout
• Responsible for all daily tool box talks, and capturing all relevant concerns and comments from staff during these processes.
• Responsible for preparing the duty roster and allocating the manpower within the Operations Department.
• Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
• Degree preferable in Airline catering, Industrial Catering or Hospitality Management.
• Minimum 05 of years’ experience in Inflight services / inflight catering.
• Basic knowledge in food safety, quality and hygiene
• Computer literate with MS Office (word, excel, power point).
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Petrochem Middle East