Job description / Role
The Airport Planner will be part of the Central Asia, Middle East and Eastern Africa Business Unit. He/she will also have functional links with the other Business Units for coordination of the methods, tools, best practices, and so on.
He/she will have an active role in the team at different levels.
The duties are detailed below for the different fields of application.
- The Airport Planner will be the subject expert in the projects he/she will be involved in:
- Ensure collection of the necessary data
- Collect, analyze and understand clients objectives
- Define the possible planning strategies and methodologies for the project
- Lead an integrated airport planning approach with all parties involved
- Contribute in the preparation of technical material in support of travel missions
- Participate in business trips and on-site missions to present and explain the proposed strategy and outcome to the client
Perform all or part of the various airport planning tasks:
- Conduct market analysis / traffic forecast analysis
- Conduct capacity analysis and define the programmatic requirements at master plan / building level
- Lead/coordinate with airport layout planners the development of airport layout plans
- Lead/coordinate with architects and airport functional planners the development of functional floor plans of different facilities
- Lead/coordinate with airport various experts (e.g. environmental, security, BHS) to provide planning support to design studies
- Ensure coordination of the studies with other internal and external experts involved
- Assess investments costs for the proposed development
- Produce and assemble the airport planning reports and presentations
- Ensure compliance of the proposed planning options with standards and best practices
- Identify the need to collect inputs from and coordinate with other Business Unit experts on specific subjects
- To perform detailed traffic forecast studies
- To perform financial analysis (assessment and modelling of CAPEX, OPEX and revenues)
- To perform pax/aircraft/vehicle flow dynamic simulation
- To perform various environmental planning studies (e.g. noise analysis)
- To perform air service development and strategic airport marketing studies
- The Airport Planner will contribute to the Strategic Planning Practice at ADP IngÃ©nierie global level, by:
- Developing / updating / innovating tools and methods of the Strategic Planning Resource Group
- Keeping up to date with latest industry trends and ensure their dissemination within the team
- Participating in business proposals production
- Transmitting his/her knowledge within the team
- Capitalizing on his/her experience
- Degree in Architect/Engineer with minimum 5-10 years of experience in Airport Planning, and strong references in Master Plan and other planning studies on small/medium/large airports.
- Good knowledge and understanding of ICAO/IATA regulations and recommendations, as well as other worldwide used standards.
- Full command of technical matters described above
- Strong analytical skills
- Strategic oriented thinking
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, with full command of the Microsoft Office package
- Effective communication skills
- Curiosity and interest for various industry topics
- Airport Industry knowledge
- Passion for traveling
- Fluent in English
Added advantage but not mandatory:
- Multilingual: (English, Arabic, French, Amharic)
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. VBA, python)
- Airport operational experience
- Airlines experience
- Experience on additional technical matters, such as the ones also described above as optional:
- Comprehensive strategic airport marketing and air service development analyses
- Comprehensive traffic forecasting studies (i.e. annual, peak hour, flight schedules)
- Financial analyses
- Flow simulation (CAST, ARCPORT or equivalent)
- Environment studies
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
LOCI Architecture & Design
Senior Interior Designer
A Leading Architectural Company in the UAE